Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Expert September 2020 Ontario

Tell me your ring story ๐Ÿ˜

Emily, on August 12, 2019 at 20:20 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 58
I am absolutely in love with my ring... as I should be, because I picked it!๐Ÿ˜… when I tell people that the crowd is usually split.. half why would you do that and half heck yeah make sure you like this thing itโ€™s expensive๐Ÿ™„. What do you think? Or what was your experience?! I would love to hear if you were surprised or if you had some idea of the ring! ๐Ÿ’

talk soon โ˜บ๏ธ

Tell me your ring story ๐Ÿ˜ 1

58 Comments

Latest activity by Rachael, on September 1, 2019 at 11:02
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on you. Some prefer to be surprised by it, and others prefer to have an idea of what to expect because they'll be wearing it for the rest of their lives! My fiancรฉ gave me the okay to look at styles I like and give him a couple options to choose from. I did that, and together we narrowed it down to one. I was pleasantly surprised by his feedback and he ended up the picking the best option!

• Emily
    Emily ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Iโ€™m sorry but that made me giggle! Do you want a different one?! I hope you have that conversation ๐Ÿ™Š
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In hindsight, I with that I was part of the decision making process. Before he proposed, I wanted him to pick it though...because in my head I thought "there's absolutely no way he's going to pick a ring I dont like"....and here I am, with a ring I don't like.

• Emily
    Emily ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ๐Ÿ’•
  • K
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Katrine ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Itโ€™s beautiful! Congratulations! I understand both sides... you should love your ring and I like the idea of the surprise element. My FH and I have been together for 7 years and had talked a lot about marriage. I knew he was going to propose at some point, I just didnโ€™t know when. We had looked at rings and he knew what style I liked and what would suit me. Although I did not know what the ring looked like until he proposed. He did an amazing job at designing it just for me! I absolutely love my ring and itโ€™s a piece I will treasure forever.
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's beautiful! And you should totally love your ring!!! I was completely surprised by both the ring and the proposal, my fiancรฉ shopped all by himself and planned without me having a clue. He proposed on my birthday in February so I thought it was a birthday surprise, but it was just over 2 months into dating and he knew I thought less than a year was crazy talk so I definitely didn't expect anything. He said it was a rugby event for his team (he's been a professional rugby player for 10 years) so I got to the field where they practice and was surprised to see rose petals everywhere, but still assumed it was a birthday thing. But when he suddenly got down on one knee and pulled out the ring I had no struggle in saying "of course!" Best set of surprises ever!!! โค

Tell me your ring story ๐Ÿ˜ 2
  • K
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Katherine ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your ring is similar to mine! I love the two-tone ๐Ÿ˜ Mine is white gold and rose gold. The ring was a complete surprise for me! I had only told him that I like round diamonds and some rose gold. He actually designed my engagement ring โ˜บ๏ธ
    I was also very surprised for the proposal. But my subconscious totally knew it was going to happen! A few weeks before, I had the same dream twice that he was going to propose to me at the exact same spot where he proposed: the Sun Gate at Machu Picchu in Peru!

Tell me your ring story ๐Ÿ˜ 3
  • Emily
    Emily ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Even better!! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’•
  • W
    Curious July 2020 Alberta
    Whovian ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think it was! I didnโ€™t want diamonds but he wanted to get me a diamond,ended up with a blue centre diamond with a white diamond halo and blue diamonds down the side.

And the odd thing was no one at the shop seen that ring before that day. Like it just appeared there. And I couldnโ€™t beat the price! Regular 1200 on sale for just over 500.
  • Emily
    Emily ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A little update: I showed my 93 year old grandma my ring for the first time and her response was โ€œ(a long pause) ... itโ€™s like it belongs on you, itโ€™s perfect.โ€ Iโ€™m so happy ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜
  • Emily
    Emily ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my gosh I love it!! Thatโ€™s awesome, definitely meant to be ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•
  • W
    Curious July 2020 Alberta
    Whovian ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I have been together for 10 years. I kept digging my heels the dirt about getting married again basically the whole relationship. A few months ago he coaxed me into just looked at rings at one of the malls. We walked into a bunch of stores but nothing really stuck.

Then we went to one store having a closing out sale, he picked up this ring and the rest is history.

Tell me your ring story ๐Ÿ˜ 4
  • Emily
    Emily ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Itโ€™s beautiful!
  • T
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Trish ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancรฉ and I have been together for 10 years and Iโ€™ve always told him I donโ€™t want him to spend more then a couple hundred on a ring. Didnโ€™t need a diamond, didnโ€™t want us to spend money on something big right now... I would have been happy with a simple gold band. He went above and beyond and I couldnโ€™t have been happier actually. This was the one time Iโ€™m glad he didnโ€™t listen to me. My ring is simple, and elegant. I love it.

Tell me your ring story ๐Ÿ˜ 5
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks it was perfect
  • S
    Shannon ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Emily
  • Emily
    Emily ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Itโ€™s beautiful!๐Ÿฅฐ
  • Emily
    Emily ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Shannon! What a special thing for him to be able to surprise you like that ๐Ÿ’•
  • S
    Shannon ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Whoops the picture didn't load the first time.
    He did a great job. I asked for white gold. Flat. And simple.

Tell me your ring story ๐Ÿ˜ 6
  • S
    Shannon ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations Emily, My ring was a total surprise, not the engagement. We mutually agreed to get married.

What's makes it the perfect surprise is he picked out something that I loved. He was spot on. Down to the color, style and diamonds of course.

Awhile back before he purchased we were talking about getting married, I said well if you do pick up a ring Id like something like abc.....123... we never talked about it after. Three months later I received a proposal and beautiful ring.

• Emily
    Emily ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is so sweet! ๐Ÿ’•
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am very lucky that my FH is very understanding when it comes to how picky I am with jewelry. The only jewelry I have ever worn since we started dating has been my earrings. So when we decided to get engaged as a mutual decision he took me to the store so I could pick it out myself. I have to admit I didnโ€™t think I was going to find a ring that I loved, and as I was going to leave something drew me to a little corner of the store I hadnโ€™t thought to look. And there it was as if everything else faded and it was the only ring there, I pointed at it and said โ€œthatโ€™s the one.โ€ I couldnโ€™t be happier with my choice and so is my FH.

• Emily
    Emily ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my goodness how gorgeous! What a special sentiment behind the ring Smiley smile

• Lindsay
    Beginner August 2020 Ontario
    Lindsay ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is my ring. My fiancรฉ bought me this one as it is very similar to his grandmothers engagement ring and I love it.

When I first imagined my engagement ring I did not picture this style, however when he opened the box and showed me this ring I was in love. It suits me perfectly. It has diamonds that I love and is a blue sapphire. Itโ€™s perfect

Tell me your ring story ๐Ÿ˜ 7
  • Julia
    Beginner July 2021 Ontario
    Julia ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Skylor
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Skylor ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Meaghan!
    I had the band made through the same company that my FH designed my band with!
  • Emily
    Emily ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awh I love that he included your mom!๐Ÿฅฐ
  • Emily
    Emily ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    He has excellent taste!!
  • Emily
    Emily ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is so thoughtful and the ring is amazing! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•
  • Emily
    Emily ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow! That is super cool ๐Ÿ˜ beautiful ring!
  • Emily
    Emily ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is so special!! ๐Ÿ’•
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ยท
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The proposal was a complete surprise for me. It was on Christmas. My fiance ordered a custom ring from Etsy and a 'matching' hand painted ring box (Yes, all my fellow Whovians that is a TARDIS ring box). While it is not at all traditional, he knocked it out of the park. I couldn't have found anything I loved more myself.

Tell me your ring story ๐Ÿ˜ 8

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics