Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jen889
Devoted May 2018 Quebec

Table visits, best time?

Jen889, on May 1, 2018 at 15:36 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Hi everyone,

So my FH and I are wondering when we should do our "rounds" for table visits at our reception. We're a small group, only 40 ppl, so it shouldn't take us long and we don't want to do a receiving line. There's only 5 tables.

Were having a buffet style dinner with a salad entree served at the table. In between the salad service is a 15min gap so the caterer can prep the buffet. We originally had the speeches planned during this time but we're now thinking this would be a good chance to go around the tables?

We only have two speeches as both sides of our family are not big public speakers. I'm thinking these speeches could be done while people are eating?

I honestly didn't even think we needed to go around as we have time during the cocktail hour to see everyone. We're not taking the full hour to take photos as most will be done before the ceremony. We have about 20-30 min at the cocktail. Our thank you speech includes a section on why our guests are at our wedding and we thank them for being there.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on May 7, 2018 at 23:52
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If your visiting people at cocktail hour, I don't think you need to go to every table too. It is a good idea to visit with your guests, but it can be done anytime during the day.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your guest list is quite small, I wouldn't worry about setting aside time. Also, 15 minutes could be spent at one table easily, if you find someone who wants to chat with you... so doing your mingling during cocktail hour and after dinner would suffice!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that's the best way tbh. I've been to a variety of weddings where the bride and groom greeted their guests in different ways, and the best one was when the bride and groom just interacted with people during cocktail hour.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The more we talk about it,the more were leaning with cocktail hour mingling (our original plan). We made it so we can actually spend some time with our guests during our cocktail hour.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been thinking a lot about this too, but we'll be around during our cocktail hour to mingle, so probably will skip the table visits tbh.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d probably leave it until everything is done so you don’t feel rushed when visiting. Smiley smile
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I'd say don't bother with the table to table. You'll have them during the cocktail hour anyway. We will be going table to table because your guest list is around 75 but no line because i don't like it lol
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This was our thought. We will be seeing everyone no problem throughout the day.

I ask the question as a friend of mine, this past weekend, mentioned receiving line and I told her we aren't doing one. She's like we didn't either, we went table to table. To me, it wasn't even a thought as our wedding is small and our timeline works so well right now.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the idea of going table to table during the between salad and buffet. since you will get served salad first. you can even start as soon as you are done eating.
    if there is only 2 speeches. do them during dinner/dessert.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd suggest since it's a buffet, when you and your husband finish your first plate. That lets you eat something, then you can make your way to get another plate but see each guest before you do that. But if you're going to be at your cocktail hour then you don't need to go around during dinner since you'll see them all during that time. Plus is a very small wedding so you'll have throughout the day to see each guest.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics