Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amelia
Master October 2020 New Brunswick

Suit Tips

Amelia, on June 15, 2020 at 07:57 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7
Future hubby is planning on going suit shopping with one of our fashionable guy friends this week. To maintain the element of surprise I'm not going (my inner control freak isn't happy but oh well!) I know he's in good hands and I'm already looking forward to seeing him all dressed up on our wedding day.

What tips or tricks do you folks have for first time suit shoppers? I believe the plan is RW&Co and Moore's, both of which are open for in-store shopping in NB.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on June 28, 2020 at 14:59
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Tell him to get the color of the BMs dresses so he can match his tie/pocket square. also if those suits in store dont fit 100% he can have it altered so tell him not to worry

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Since the Ikea incident of 2017 I always feed him/pack protein bars when we shop. He gets hangry. That is a great point though!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Is he getting off the rack or made to measure? If he's getting off the rack, tell him to wear an undershirt, dress shirt, and proper shoes while shopping so that he can feel how the suit is over the typical clothes they go over. Also, go on a full stomach. If it can't fit him or feels uncomfortable on a full belly, it's not worth buying lol
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband was asked about the bridesmaid dresses (style, colour, length) and my dress (I only told him it was ivory) and our wedding colours. An idea of what you are looking for would be good (such as colour). We had originally thought no jacket for the groomsmen (because I wanted my husband to look different from the groomsmen) but once he talked about it with the salesperson, decided jackets were best.

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh! Thank you, I will mention it to him.
  • Jillian
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jillian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got our suits from RW and CO and all the groomsmens also received 40%. I would ask about that promo!! The manager at the store in our city wrote down all in the info, gave it to my Fiance and he passed the note along to all groomsmen (all in different cities) and they all received the 40% off even if the suit at the time was on sale! One of the groommens paid $120 with all the discounts for the pants and jacket!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Make sure he brings swatches of the BM dresses so that he can find ties/bow ties/pocket squares that match! That's all I can think of, but good luck (not only to him in finding his suit - but to you handling the not knowing of what he gets)!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics