Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Crystal
Beginner September 2018 British Columbia

Stressing

Crystal, on February 24, 2017 at 12:50 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17
Hey Gals, I am in college for my business Management degree and I got hit with planning a wedding. Even though my wedding isn't until next year, I'm stressing out because we don't have money saved up for saving vendors or for anything else. On top of it, he wants to move. I'm stressing out right now. He also said I should make my own wedding cake as I want to be a Baker and help with other wedding cakes.

Stressing - 1

17 Comments

Latest activity by Emilie, on February 27, 2017 at 08:54
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Crystal! Smiley heart Wow! I can't wait to see what designs you'll come up to make your cake! Here's if you're looking for inspiration: Square or round wedding cake?

Wedding cake idea

I know it can be a lot of stress to handle all this at oncem but I'm sure you can get through it with the right tools. Smiley smile Do you have people who can help? You could try making a list of what seems most important for you: What's on your list of must haves? How many guests are you thinking of inviting?

• Carolyne
    Super June 2018 Quebec
    Carolyne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You are very welcome! And again it is really pretty!
  • Crystal
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you. I made it for Valentine's.
  • Carolyne
    Super June 2018 Quebec
    Carolyne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my gosh that cake is so pretty! You coulde totally do your weddig cake!
  • Vanessa
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do a small wedding at a restaurant. I know one near us could do 50 people, lovely apps, and even an open bar cocktail style wedding for $5,000 for about 5 hours which is a nice party time.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh I hear that! Basements really hard long term, and I have had my share of crazy landlords... so I get it all too well (my last landlord threw a party asked if I wanted to come hang out and have some pizza, and I politely asked what she was celebrating, and her response was seriously "I had my abortion today silly!" like wtf!?! I also got subpoena to court as a witness against her, lucky the guy settled out of court... long story there LOL). If it's not a good environment, sometimes it's just not worth the money you're saving

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yah get out of there... Living below children sucks.
  • Crystal
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its only because the basement we live in, we have the landlords dropping things and running around, as well as the father yelling all hours of the day. Not to mention, they blast their television really loud. Our rent is 650. No where else is going to be that cheap but this basement is actually affecting my health

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When we started planning FH wanted to DIY everything... After talking for a bit I relized that he wanted a pretty big wedding... Planning a wedding is fun but it is also alot work... We decided to DIY the jobs that sounded fun for us or someone we know with those skills... The check list on this site is pretty good and you can edit it... Does he want to move for work? Moving is stressful but you might be able to save on rent 😀
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    P.S. Don't feel guilty about feeling stressed out about it! I know being engaged is this super fun thing we've been presumably waiting for, but just like planning anything big, weddings are extremely stressful to plan! So many expectations and advice coming at you left and right, whether you asked for it or not, money matters, etc... Stressful but in the end what is important is your relationship with your FH, and Being happy throughout this process and after Smiley smile here's to happily ever after!
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Giiirrrrllll, I'm done school, and I'm still stressing out! You are definitely not alone!!! Like everyone else said, there are so many different styles of weddings, there's no one "right" way to do it! You guys have to sit down and figure out what is right for you two as a couple; budget-wise, as well as what you both envision for your wedding day! If you want a casual or formal thing, tiered reception, or everyone invited to all parts of your wedding, destination or local... So many different options!! Smiley smile also that cake is cute, but yes, as someone said, try to figure out if you'd like to make it yourself, or hire someone! Do a trial run and see how you feel about it (though it'll be different because of the inherent emotions -good ones of course, but maybe some stress right before the wedding day)! It's not impossible, I have friends who are planning to do it, and I know they'll succeed beautifully. Keep us posted by posting questions and discussions on your stress, progress (or no progress), excitement, you name it! we are all here to help, and always willing to listen and talk things out Smiley smile we're all in this together! Xo
  • Cassandra
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are both wanting a wedding next year then do something small!

If you can wait, then have a longer engagement and plan the wedding once you guys have saved a bit of money up.

• Crystal
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The cake I made for Valentine's day.
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is alot to take on... I agree with what Val has said a long engagment could help the situation and lift alot of the pressure and stress

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cute cake! But think long and hard before you commit to making a cake two days before your wedding!

I think what Val says is right on- you can plan a small wedding (like mine, 15 people, ceremony and dinner) which is much lower cost and less stress to plan....Or push back your wedding an extra year, or even 6 months and save and allow you to plan gradually.

It sounds like you might not have anything booked yet, so you have a lot of options for adjusting plans still! And don't worry- a wedding doesn't "have" to be anything! The legal parts of course have some rules, but other than that you only need to worry about providing a good experience for your guests (usually means food and drink and dancing)....but that can vary depending on the time of day/ the theme and atmosphere you are looking for. A brunch wedding reception would save a bundle if you like that idea, or an intimate evening with a nice dinner and no big "party"....it is all up to you and your FH, as long as you take good care of your guests Smiley smile

Let us know what you are thinking about doing....we will all help along the way!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is a lot to handle! Have you considered an intimate wedding, with maybe 15-20 people? Or having a longer engagement? You could just enjoy being engaged for a bit and save up money in the meantime. You shouldn't really go into debt just to throw a big party.

You cake is very cute btw

• Crystal
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also have to say that I have no idea what a wedding is supposed to be like. I've never been to one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics