Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

What's on your list of must haves?

Emilie, on November 1, 2016 at 10:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

Hi lovely ladies Smiley heart

Is it a memorable dress, a stunning 3 tiered wedding cake, a venue on the beach...?

A few weeks ago Melissa in the community had this brilliant idea of making a list with Must haves and must not haves to see what was really the most important for your wedding.

You'll see it makes it so much easier afterwards to see what our priorities are!

What's on your list of must haves for your wedding?

What's on your list of must haves for your wedding?

Image: Pinterest

4 Comments

Latest activity by Katherine, on February 18, 2017 at 22:56
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don't need is a longer list than must haves... Must have lot and lots of flowers.... Must be under budget... So far we have not splurged on anything... Do not need a photographer, a family member will take our portraits... Do not need a florist... My buddy and I can handle the bouquets and centerpeices... Do not need a decorator... Don't need an open bar... Do not need chair covers (or do I)
  • Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We must have a drama free wedding, lots of blue and an overall magnificent wedding!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My must have was a good photographer, hair and makeup (because it's a good day if I even put on eye liner... I don't know how to do my makeup!), and a great dress (even if it killed me to spend that kind of money on something I'll wear once!)

Though with everything I set a reasonable budget and stuck to it, so I still hunted for the best deals

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Must Haves:

A good photographer to capture all the important moments of the day. We love looking back on photos and memories and this will be one of the most important days of our life so I want it captured beautifully

A good DJ & MC. I want to have a party at night with everyone on the dance floor. Also in general music plays a big role in my life and so I want the night to be filled with great music!

Make-up artist & hair stylist! I wear makeup (really only mascara).... But I don't want to look how I always do on my special day and so a professional will really help make me look elegant. I also suck at doing hair. It is either down and straight or its up in a bun after I have just gotten out of the shower!

Late night lunch. I must have a late night lunch because if guests are drinking, I want them to be eating as well so they aren't drinking on an empty stomach and the food can soak up some of the alcohol.

Cash bar. We must have a cash bar because it saves me a TON of money! Also I feel that the wedding guests will be more controlled this way and won't drink too much and get stupid or so hammered you black out and such. I just want a good time but nothing too crazy!

Must not haves:

A Limo... We don't need to pay the extra money to have a limo for just a couple of hours. We will be renting a nicer vehicle for the day as our car usually has a lot of construction workers in it.

Open bar... Already explained why we want a cash bar. I just can't afford to pay for open bar and don't want people going to crazy or wild!

A multi-tier cake. We are just having a nice one tier cake for us to cut and then cupcakes (3 different flavour options) for the guests. People always tell us we need to get 2 tiers because its tradition to save your 2nd tier for your first honeymoon and then you eat it together. I am not a huge cake fan to begin with and my fiance doesn't care for sweets and desserts. It would likely go to waste and I don't see the point in spending extra money to add another layer of cake.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics