Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becky
VIP September 2019 Ontario

Stress Reliever- Talked to my sister about Not being in wedding party

Becky, on March 20, 2018 at 15:45 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9

On the weekend I talked to my sister about not being in my wedding party but my other sister will be in it. She took it a lot better then I even thought. I mentioned she could come to everything and still wear a special dress and same color as the girls but not be in it. She could be the MC if she wanted to and she was happy. She said financially she couldn't afford it and she won't feel pressure to do everything. Also mentioned to me that she doesn't know where she will be living time we get married and doesn't want to committee to events if she can't come.

I feel 100x better now that I talked to her and I can give my proposal boxes this weekend to my friends!!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Becky, on March 21, 2018 at 14:04
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tips I would say is don't make it personal. I didn't make it about my issues I had with my sister and the actual reason I didn't want her in it. I phrased it so it would make her feel welcome still.

I said I have two sisters ( you and our other one) and he has two sisters, I feel I should have one of each and I am close with my sister Ashley and his sister Ashley. I see them regularly and they have helped me already with ideas for the wedding. I also have a few friends I would really like to have but if I have both my sisters I would need to have both of his and then I could only have one friend. Would you mind if I just had Ashley and then his sister Ashley and my 3 close friends? I would love for you to be there every step and wear a special dress and even be our MC if you would like.

I would say either way figure out another way you could include the person in the day of your event, even it was walking people down the isle to be seated before the ceremony starts, or helping move furniture day of, with bridal shower, just something that relates to the wedding and I think they would be happy

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good to hear it all worked out! Do you have any tips to offer anyone else who has to have a tough conversation like this with their friends or family? Any ways you phrased it or points you emphasized in order to protect her feelings?

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's great it went well. Now you can focus more with planning your wedding. Goodluck
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so glad that you gals talked and everything went so well! Good luck with the proposals!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Everyone! I was stressing hard about it before I talked to her, felt guilty for hiding it from her too. Got proposal boxes made on etsy for really good price and picking up Friday!

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Communication and honesty can be such a gift! I'm glad you've settled it all and she took it well. Goodluck with your bridal party proposals 😊
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wooo what a relief bet you feel much better, glad to hear it went so well!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Glad the talk went well and you were both able to be honest! It's great when things work out so well and people can understand your decisions for your own wedding!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm glad it went so well!

I'm glad she was able to be honest with you as well that due to living arrangements and finances that it wasn't a good fit for her either!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics