Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Splurge or Save: Pre-wedding pampering

Joey, on September 9, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Beauty 0 26

Hair treatments, teeth whitening, spray tans, gym memberships, massages, mani pedis... Are you splurging on any pre-wedding health and beauty treatments to help you feel your best on your wedding day?

Are you splurging or saving on pre-wedding pampering?

Splurge or Save: Pre-wedding pampering 1

Photo by Wright Spa Parties in Toronto

>>Click here to go to the next question, Gifts for your wedding party

>>Click here to start at the beginning, Splurge or Save Part 2

26 Comments

Latest activity by July, on September 24, 2019 at 16:10
  • July
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    July ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Splurging a bit. I’ll be getting Henna done with my bridesmaids which has to be done a few days before. Manicure, pedicure and get my eyebrows freshly threaded.
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saved we're getting our hair done, make-up and mani pedis for the wedding

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Saved. I did a mani/pedi but that’s all
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saved! We used groupons and passes for most of my pampering, which was AWESOME!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Splurge-ish! I’ll be doing most of this, but because i work in a salon/spa, i do get
    some perks
  • Andrea
    Devoted January 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurge on some, but not all. For sure going to splurge on my hair, and nails. Don't really care for the massages.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurging - going to dermatologists and dentist to fix some skin issues and teeth cleaning/whitening! Also planning on a mani/pedi the week of. I colour my own hair though! Most likely will still colour my own hair two weeks before the day Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurge for sure. It was nice to professionally colour my hair again (after 8 years of not colouring it!), and to get my nails done on a regular basis again.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've splurged on a gym membership and hair colouring, and there's a good chance I'll do a spray tan since I get mad tan lines at work. And I bought some Crest white strips.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I might splurge on a couple but I won't be doing all of it.

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I splurged. Got my hair professionally coloured two weeks before (I'm quite grey, so usually do it myself every 5 weeks or so). Got a mani and pedi 3 days before, got a spray tan to even out my bad tan lines from the summer and paid to get my hair and makeup done the day of. Smiley smile To me, it was worth the time and money - I felt the best I've felt in my life that day!

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A bit of both I suppose, I will be getting my hair coloured and cut and mani/ pedis but nothing too extravagant.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurged - I went from a dark red hair colour to a blonde balayage, and it was an expensive journey. I also got gel nails in advance and get fills every 3 weeks.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurged. Just mani to make sure the pictures looked good with cleaned details nails.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely splurged! haha I bought all new makeup, and I got my nails done, my teeth whitened, and bought some jewelry! on wedding day I did my own hair and makeup though so I guess I saved a little on that haha

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurging- doing lashes tonight and nails on thursday night!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Saving. I’ll just get my nails done and that’s it. I’m going to try to work almost the entire week before the wedding so I don’t have time for anything additional.
  • R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saving. I do plan on getting my nails done simply because they are bitten to stubs from stressing.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saving for sure. I MIGHT do teeth whitening, and get my nails done. But that is about it!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

More saving than splurging. Just sticking with the usual mani/pedi and hair cut. Most likely get my eyebrows done again. I will schedule a massage for myself, but that is covered (Yay benefits)!

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Splurge! I have a whole list of treatments I want done... Mani, pedi, massage, teeth whitening, hair cut and dye, eyelash extensions, full body waxing, tan... I am banking on this being the most beautiful I've ever felt!
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m saving! I had scheduled a teeth whitening and cancelled it because I’m thinking to myself, my teeth are white enough and I don’t have $300 for that 😂 I will probably do my own pedicure, but I am splurging on a manicure.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I guess I'll splurge. Not doing my own hair or makeup cause I suck at that. I'll get my nails done too before. May do a colour/highlights of some kind a week or two before.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saving? I mean I'll probably get a manicure but I will be doing my own hair + make up as well as all the before the wedding pampering like face masks.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Saving. I’ll get a manicure, but that’s all I’ll get professionally done before the day of. I have face masks at home that I won from a beauty basket at a Jack and Jill that I’ll use. Even though my toes won’t show for the wedding I’ll paint them myself for the honeymoon.
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Splurge. Taking a moment to relax is so important. I'm going two days before the wedding for mani, pedi, massage and body scrub. 4 hours of just me and pampering!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics