Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Splurge or Save: Invitations?

Joey, on August 21, 2017 at 09:05

Posted in WeddingWire 107

Happy Monday, everybody! This week's game is all about budgeting. We know it's a challenge to figure out where to spend your wedding budget, so we want to know what wedding items you'll be splurging on, and where you'll be saving money. Let us know by replying in the comments So... Will you...

Happy Monday, everybody! This week's game is all about budgeting. We know it's a challenge to figure out where to spend your wedding budget, so we want to know what wedding items you'll be splurging on, and where you'll be saving money. Let us know by replying in the comments Smiley smile

So...

Will you splurge or save on invitations?

Will your invitation suite have all the bells and whistles? Will your invitation suite have all the bells and whistles?

>>Click here to go to the next question, Splurge or Save: Attire?

107 Comments

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We ended up splurging - because I won invitations but had to pay for RSVP's and I wanted them to match ! but I ended up saving a lot with the letterpress invites I had won!

• Iola
    Beginner November 2017 Alberta
    Iola ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saved!

We sent our invitations online through paperlesspost. The majority of our guests are tech savvy or know someone who is. We spent $30.00 to send 90 out.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save
    Most people are just going to throw the invites out anyways so we saw no reason on spending a large amount of money on them. We went with Vistaprint. We got 200 invitations with envelopes for under $70
  • N
    Beginner June 2018 Saskatchewan
    Nikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm saving lots with this! Nowadays everything is all done through technology. Although I am still getting some 'Save the Date' magnets ordered through VistaPrint for family members (I can't find VistaPrint under the Vendor list). Using our website will be the main way of invitation, especially since my Fiance and I have family all over Canada.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We saved on these. I found some lovely invitations at the thrift store (brand new) and wrote all mine by hand. I think it only cost me about $3.00 plus 14 stamps.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We saved on these as there was a sale on Vistaprint on what we wanted.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Invitations as cheap as possible but as tasteful as possible. Vista print seems to be where our favorites are. We just need to agree where to have the wedding/ceremony.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We saved on our invitations. We used Vista Print as they always have pretty good sales going on. We managed to get all our RSVPs and invitations with envelopes and seals for 80$
  • Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We saved on the invitations. We used Vistaprint and are just doing our RSVP's online.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We saved in this department by making our own! We ordered a template from Etsy, bought paper from Michaels when it was on sale and purchased the envelopes from papergarden.ca with a discount code. We have spent in total around $100 for our invites.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This was a save for us. E-save the dates, invitations only were printed and rsvps online. I even saved on postage by using old stamps! I made a post about it here .

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics