Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Splurge or Save: Invitations?

Joey, on August 21, 2017 at 09:05

Posted in WeddingWire 107

Happy Monday, everybody! This week's game is all about budgeting. We know it's a challenge to figure out where to spend your wedding budget, so we want to know what wedding items you'll be splurging on, and where you'll be saving money. Let us know by replying in the comments So... Will you...

Happy Monday, everybody! This week's game is all about budgeting. We know it's a challenge to figure out where to spend your wedding budget, so we want to know what wedding items you'll be splurging on, and where you'll be saving money. Let us know by replying in the comments Smiley smile

So...

Will you splurge or save on invitations?

Will your invitation suite have all the bells and whistles? Will your invitation suite have all the bells and whistles?

>>Click here to go to the next question, Splurge or Save: Attire?

107 Comments

• Sabrina
    Frequent user October 2017 Quebec
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely save, that is not a priority for us, we even hand delivered about 99% of the invites to save on postage.

• Amanda
    Frequent user October 2017 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save no one will remember your invites
  • Andrea
    Newbie July 2018 Alberta
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save! Your guests will just throw these away anyways! Pay more for a customizable wedding website and skip the expensive invites! My cousin designed our post-card style invites, which directed our guests to go to the website and RSVP online.
  • Kelsey
    Newbie June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save on invitations!
  • S
    Curious September 2018 Manitoba
    Santana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im trying to save, more money to spend on food.

• J
    Curious September 2018 New Brunswick
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely save..I can think of so much more to spend lots on
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save! It's getting tossed anyway
  • M
    Beginner May 2018 New Brunswick
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save on invites
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We saved on our invitations. We got ours on vistaprint while there was a 50% promotion going on!

• Aixa
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Aixa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got a good deal for invitations and they're beautiful. We've only gotten great compliments from everyone but i think we spent more than most people. My fiancé doesn't care about invitations but I do. It sets the tone about what kind of wedding you are having!
  • Olga
    Beginner May 2018 Ontario
    Olga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save. I have about 45 invitations to do, but I decided to find a wedding invitation template online, customize it a bit, and print my invitations. Most of our family is local, but I do have to send about 10 invitations abroad. So the total cost of making, printing, buying special white/champagne printing paper, buying invitation envelopes, and mailing them abroad would be about $50, at most. As for the RSVPs, I'm asking them to just e-mail me directly.

• Reona
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Reona ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were going to save..? LOL my sister designed the invitation for us and now we will probably just go to a printing shop and print them. The only thing is I wanted to gold foil over a few writings and it's not turning out so great. I didn't spend a ton on the laminator but a bit bummed that it's not working out :/

• JENNIFER
    Frequent user December 2017 Ontario
    JENNIFER ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We saved a fortune by making a beautiful website and emailing our guests links to the website. There are a bunch of websites with pre-made designs to choose from, some are free, others have fees. But I didn't like that I couldn't customize the colours and fonts so I found Wix.com which is totally free and allowed me to use a template then completely customize our website, they do offer you a paid option with more features too if you want. What's awesome is that within a couple of days we had almost 50%of our RSVPS, it would have drove me nuts to wait on snail mail RSVPs. Plus as a bonus we were able to show off our beautiful engagement photos on the website, add a section about how we met and put a link to our MyRegistry.com which is also a great alternative to typical registries. ❤️
  • Jennifer
    Newbie June 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save, we are making our own invitations and sent out electronic save the dates.

• Victorea
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Victorea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save, we are doing very simple/basic save the dates and invitations.

• Kelsey
    Frequent user February 2018 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting someone to do all of the stationary, including place settings and thank you cards, for a very reasonable price. When we looked at doing our invites alone, it was almost twice the cost of getting the whole suite done by someone else!

• Kila
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save . So far we have used Vista print for save the dates and I had a coupon for 40% off . Have another 25% for invitations so will likely do it through them as well . We also are using the free wedding website from wedding wire and probably e-invites additionally as well
  • Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kinda both? I'll be buying pretty pocket fold envelopes, however my mil, sil, and fiance work at an ad specialties company and have all the tools to format and print the invites, rsvps, etc for the price of the cardstock I want to use.
  • M
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought a Cricut machine online and am making my own! It was a small investment for the machine, but still cheaper than purchasing elaborate laser cut invites, and I will get tons of use out of it for all things wedding. I'm DIYing my save the dates, wedding invites, and all the paper products for my wedding and they look professionally done!
  • Christina
    Newbie July 2018 Alberta
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save if possible on invitations.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save. We had all the bells and whistles but I did them myself.

• Cherie
    Curious July 2020 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Cherie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am saving on my invitations! I am in live with Pinterest and am making ALOT of my decorations and also my invitations!
  • Novardensphere
    Beginner May 2019 Alberta
    Novardensphere ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save there is no need for expensive paper

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We saved! Got ours off of Etsy and it was way cheaper than ordering from a fancy paper store.

• L
    Devoted September 2017 Saskatchewan
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save for sure
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save for sure!!!

• Surina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Surina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would have to say safe.

• Andrea
    Frequent user September 2017 Manitoba
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made my invitations myself and it ended up being fairly economical in the end! And they turned out beautiful!

• Cristina
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Cristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I want to make my invitations look fancy so I will definitely be spending to create a masterpiece!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say Save!
  • Lesley
    Newbie May 2018 Ontario
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely save most people will just throw them out after the wedding.
  • Christine
    Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save!!

I am debating e-mail invitations only and wedding website.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics