Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Janaya
Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan

Sometimes we forget certain details...

Janaya, on March 18, 2019 at 14:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 19

Has anyone else here had such a big brain fart?

We have 120 people on the guest list so in my mind I was thinking oh I'll need 120 invitations. so on vistaprint it gave me the option to order 150 so I thought great!! I'll have some extra in case we decide to invite more people.. so after 2 hours of putting all 150 of the invitations together my brain clicks and i think omg... we only needed 60 invitations in total because not EVERY SINGLE person will get one.. a family of 4 people will only receive 1 invitation.

So now we have a bunch extra and put all of that work / money into it LOL

I can't believe I did that, for weeks I was like yeah we need x amount of invitations and not once did I think that not every single human will need to get one.

oh well ! does anyone else have any funny stories to share? big brain farts?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on March 20, 2019 at 11:30
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That was my biggest fear when I was sending invites!!! I must have triple checked the year and then triple checked again before putting them in the envelopes

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's better to have more than not enough anyways.. I over ordered as well.

I made a custom colour for our invites and on the website it was perfect... in person not so much. For weeks I couldn't stop thinking about it so I finally said ok - I want to love them so I have to reorder. I loved the new invites.. they're perfect.. so now I have 60 of the old ones that are useless AND I'm afraid to just toss them because I feel like that has to be bad luck in some way.. so they're sitting in my closet until after the wedding.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lol! you're not the first, and you will not be the last person to do that! I can't count how many times I've seen people post in groups that they ordered 1 invitation or save the date per guest.

On my guest spreadsheet I've got different columns for # of guests invited, # of guests attending, and # of invitations, with totals at the bottom to help me keep track. Spreadsheets are my friend haha Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was short on invitations not realizing how many I needed for 75 guests. I also ordered from Vistaprint and 50 to start thinking it was enough. Once put together with the address labels, I realized I was short by a few and one went to the baker for the design of the pattern/colour of the invitation to match. Luckily, I still have about 6.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    LOL that's funny! I totally understand how you over thought it all and made that mistake, but it gives you something to laugh about! The only brain fart I had was when I was ordering table linens and I forgot the head table.. luckily I was able to add it to the order with no issues but imagine if I had completely forgotten.. it would have been a nightmare!!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did online invitations, so I didn't run into this BUT, I did for our guest book. We had a shadow box and everyone was to sign a heart and drop it in. I was thinking each person would sign a heart, not each couple. So, I bought almost twice as many hearts as I needed, and the frame was too big! But, it just means there's room to add a photo of us in the centre of the frame now!

My biggest gaffe, was the date! We got married last July (2018) and sent the Save the Dates out the October prior (2017). Well, for the year I put 2017 instead of 2018. They were emailed, so for those who hadn't opened them yet, we were able to change it. But for those who had, we sent out a funny "we didn't get married in the past" email. It was mostly my husband's family who had seen the mistake--and I had never met his uncles, so it was a great way to introduce myself to the family! It's funny now, but in the moment, I was so upset!

• Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did the same thing with the envelopes. I didn’t realize this til way after 😂😂
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My best friend did this too!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered way too many save the dates for some reason. I did the same thing where I thought we'd need more, but I was counting children in the mix, so we ordered 100 when we only needed about 75. Now with our invitations we've smartened up, but we still have lots of save the dates leftover lol. OH, also at one point I thought our guestlist was about 50 more than it actually was. Silly ways the brain works.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn’t do this but I’m not gonna lie it’s kinda funny! 😂 Just be grateful it wasn’t the other way around! Best to be over than short!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This basically happened to me with my Save the Dates, only I ordered 70 (having around 140 guests) but Staples duplicated the order (luckily not the payment!) so I ended up with 140 and now I have 70 extra Save the Dates lol. I did the math and figured out I needed 70 but ended up with enough save the dates for each person!

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so happy to see i'm not the only one hahaha

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    LOL!!! I DID THE EXACT SAME THING!!! I was so worried about stamps and things costing so much for our 280 invites but like... pretty sure we only ended up sending out 100 Haha!!
  • Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did the same thing!

I also was NOT paying attention so I ended up ordering my first batch of invites with the WRONG ADDRESS. Thankfully Vistaprint was amazing and let me order new ones free of cost.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The biggest mistake I've made so far was just completely passing by the appropriate time to send save-the-dates, so we just didn't end up sending any at all. It's not a huge wedding, so it doesn't really matter, and we're having ours on a Sunday which should cut down on conflicts, but yeah. By the time we realized, the window had already closed.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I thought the same thing! I was like I need 250-300 invites and then I finally realized, I need about half - maybe less 😂
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I actually had a similar thing happen when I was ordering my Save the Dates. We did magnets, so origionally I thought " oh 1 magnet for each couple" but then I have cousins who still live at home, so there would be 2 or 3 being sent out to the same address... for them to all put on the same fridge? lol or have throughout the house.

I think I ordered 50 STD and have only sent out half. THEN, I found that some of them have a weird ink stain in the middle, so I had to contact vista. I thought they would just refund me the money (this was the goal lol), instead they sent me 20 new STDs.

Long story short I have a box of Save the Dates that will not be sent out.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I was first looking into invitations I had this exact ah-ha moment!!!!!

Maybe if you get a your "No" rsvp's back soon enough you can send one out to somebody else?

• L
    Beginner September 2022 Ontario
    Lyndsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would have done the same thing. Thanks for the heads up!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics