Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette?

Joey, on May 15, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 36

What will be blue in your wedding? How did you decide to have a blue wedding? What shades of blue are you using?

I had a blue wedding myself and can't wait to see yours Smiley love

Dan & Jacqueline had a blue wedding Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 1

So did Dan & Wylie Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 2

Chris & Lambie's wedding had some beautiful blue touches Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 3

Madison & Aj's wedding also rocked some bold blue Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 4

36 Comments

Latest activity by David, on May 27, 2018 at 19:03
  • David
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    David ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our colours are baby blue, light pink, and medium grey. My bridesmaid dresses are blue, with grey shoes, and the groomsmen have grey pants with white shirts, blue vests, and light pink ties.
  • Suraiya
    Beginner July 2018 Quebec
    Suraiya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH is actually wearing a royal blue suit because he loves the color so much! To add to that were doing a turquoise and copper theme because we wanted to be just a bit different :p
  • Rebecca
    Beginner February 2019 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be wearing blue shoes as my something blue Smiley smile

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing touches of navy blue in the wedding along with our purple and gold!
  • Kristen
    Newbie June 2018 Alberta
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Getting ready for the blue wedding! Only 25 more days!

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 5

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 6

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 7
  • Janelle
    Beginner July 2019 Ontario
    Janelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this! These colours will look so good together! I was going to do something similar, to have that ease of only matching a shade like you said. We ended up picking one colour as it was all the girls' favourite anyway. But I love your choices 😊👌
  • Colleen
    Curious October 2018 Alberta
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 8

I like the look of the blue and white roses together.

• April
    Devoted July 2018 Nova Scotia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cant get any more blue then this ! Guess what our theme is ?

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 9
  • Dani
    Curious August 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going blue and silver to honour FH's Dallas Cowboys, lol

One of the very few things he requested so... had to give it to him :p

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love blue! So, I knew I wanted it to be a wedding colour. Bridemaid dresses, vest and ties will be blue. Centrepieces as well. Not doing too much decor so that's about it!

• Charmaine
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Charmaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My main color is royal blue, which I'll accent with silver and white. Bridesmaids dresses are royal blue

Royal blue convertible dresses for bridesmaids.Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 10

• Marina
    Newbie September 2019 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing yellow, white, and navy!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love these! What a great idea!
  • Alyssa
    Newbie July 2018 Manitoba
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing shades of blue & grey. My bridesmaids are in different colours but my groomsmen will all have the same blue/grey suit. My fiancé is RCMP and wearing his red serge so I wanted something that would compliment but not overpower. This also makes decorating so much easier as I don't have to match my colours exactly, so long as they are in the shade range!

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 11
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose royal blue because it's a colour that suits both of us really well and that we both like.

The bridesmaids' dresses will be blue, as well as the groom's shirt, the groomsmen's ties and pocket squares, the ring bearer's bow tie and the flower girl's dress. I'll also have a blue fan instead of a bouquet.

As for the decoration, there will be blue LEDs above the windows of the reception hall, and the centrepieces will be partly blue.

• S
    Newbie September 2019 New Brunswick
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing navy blue & bright yellow.

Guys will be in navy suits, girls will be in navy dresses with yellow flats. Sunflowers, mums and daisies will bring pops of colour to our rustic fall wedding Smiley smile
  • Mandi
    Curious April 2020 Alberta
    Mandi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing Tiffany Blue,

Color PalletteSomething Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 12

white, grey and silver. Tiffany blue has always been my favorite color. Girls will be in Tiffany blue. My fiance and son will be in dark grey, with the rest of the groomsmen in a lighter grey.

Hubby/Men ideaSomething Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 13

• Brittany
    Newbie May 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding colours are: navy blue, blush pink, and gold!

The men are wearing navy dress pants, a pink top that has navy umbrellas on it, and a navy bow tie.

The girls are wearing blush pink dresses.

Out table clothes and and napkins are navy blue as well as our picture frames we are using for table numbers!
  • Jenna
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Here are a few of my Blue items for the wedding !!

Have many different shades of blue ! Navy and a very pale blue are my mains though!!

I decided on blue because of Blue Hydrangeas they are my favourite flower !

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 14

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 15

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 16

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 17

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 18

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 19

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 20

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 21
  • B
    Beginner July 2019 Alberta
    Brandi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For our wedding our colors will be turquoise blue and dark grey. And the boys will be wearing blue ties and the girls blue dresses
  • Nicole
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our colours are navy, gold, grey and blush.

We tied it in with navy table cloths and with our invitations.

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 22

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 23

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 24
  • H
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Happy Hedgie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a celestial theme wedding and navy blue is one of our colors (in addition to aubergine, silver, and ivory).

FH and his BM are wearing navy. FH will have black lapels and his BM is going with all navy. We will also incorporate navy in our paper suite, napkins, signage, etc.

• S
    Newbie July 2018 Manitoba
    Shauna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I choose blues based off these picture..i love the orcaid and was drawn to the shades. We have gone with the blue peacock design for invites as our town bird is the peacock. And the rest is now a beautiful mix of both shades. Can't wait for July Smiley smile

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 25

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 26

Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 27
  • Bekki
    Newbie August 2018 British Columbia
    Bekki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our colors are cobalt blue, tiger lily orange, and white (to kinda bring it all together). Bridesmaids will be in blue with some sort of orange accent of their choice (bracelet, earrings, shoes, etc.). I'll have blue heels with lace detailing. We found some gorgeous blue vases from Michael's which we will use as centrepieces with white and orange flowers.
  • Megan
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our colours are grey and light blue like ice blue. But the only things that will be blue are the girls dresses I think. We are thinking more natural tones for our rustic wedding.
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding colours are Cobalt Blue, Gold and Cream and I am so head over heels in love how everything is coming together.

Bridesmaids dresses are cobalt, groomsmen have matching bow ties and my shoes match too (my personal something blue).

Centrepieces will be blue, gold and clear glass wine bottles with a combination of fairy lights and cream hydrangeas. I also have a ton of blue glass votive holders as well as gold ones

I have been on the hunt for cobalt blue glass pieces (bottles, vases, dishes etc) to sprinkle throughout the venue.

A little glimpse...

Centrepiece InspirationSomething Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 28

Centrepiece InspoSomething Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 29

ShoesSomething Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 30Bow TiesSomething Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 31

Bridesmaids DressesSomething Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 32

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't really have blue anywhere. I'm painting my toenails light blue to get my 'something blue'.

Our colours are yellows and whites and greys. Blue would look nice with that palette so I've asked my dad to wear a navy suit and I think my FMIL is wearing navy.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our colours are already very galactic! Purples/Blues with Blacks and Golds! My girls will be in purple! But I'm considering wearing a necklace and earrings with Sapphires as my Engagement ring has sapphires on it!

From People's Jewellers Something Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 33

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our colours are teal (which is kinda blue lol) and purple! my shoes are sparkly blue as well

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I asked my FH a while ago what colours he'd want for our wedding and he said blue. I'm still attempting to incorporate it somehow since unfortunately it's not my cup of tea lol. For sure he's getting a blue suit.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Navy blue is my main colour. So bridesmaid dresses, ties on the guys’ suits and my engagement ring is Sapphire and I’m wearing a necklace that matches it.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our coloursSomething Blue - who has blue in their colour palette? 34

We are having a beach/tropical theme for ours (we originally wanted a destination wedding, and that just isn't going to work). So our colours are Caribbean blue, sand, silver and a bit of white.

The bridesmaids dresses, mens ties and pocket squares will be Caribbean blue. My bouquet will also have blue in it - white Casablanca lilies and blue orchids. My shoes are blue. Our tablecloths are Caribbean blue, and we're also using some blue in with the white of our head table backdrop.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics