Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carol
Super March 2018 Ontario

So tired guest list obsessed

Carol, on August 26, 2017 at 02:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17
Up late, Fine tuning the guest and seating chart. Any one else can't let something go, until it's done and you got it right.

17 Comments

Latest activity by Carol, on August 27, 2017 at 20:41
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Erin once I let go of my "back up list and the ones that can email me back their addresses or confirming that I have the correct addresses. I feel so much better. I slept like a baby last night. And if any of the family and friends show up without giving us any response, they can wait in the lobby until after cake... lol
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Dana!!
  • Dana
    Curious May 2018 British Columbia
    Dana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm having a 60 person wedding (ceremony holds 70, reception holds 130) to keep costs low and I totally feel you about those backup people. It's so hard to remember that the day is about you and your partner, not who attends the wedding. I axed so many people from the list and now it's mostly family with very close inner circle friends only, and I refuse to have a backup list. If they weren't a must have on the list they are 100% not attending. You go! You're so strong! Surround yourself with peace and happiness! I can't wait to hear all about it ❤️
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wish I could do that, but I think I have it pretty well figured out and separated. im pretty proud of my self actually lol. I do have a lot of cousins invited lol

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2017 Quebec
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohh trust me I understand the drama situation...thats why no one from my family or his is invited except for a few cousins. Lol
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wish that we could do that. To much drama on both sides

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2017 Quebec
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm going easy route and letting people sit where they want. No stress for me and most people will be happy anyways 😊
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol I get your point, but the more you have, the more order you need. Just getting into the reception hall was long very long. The wedding was beautiful and the food so good, it was a Italian/Portuguise (sorry for mispelling) there must have been 11 courses, fish, pasta, soups, salads, meats, etc... and desert. we didnt get on the dance floor until almost 11:30. But when we did it was a blast.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think I finally have it as done as it will get, I also have family issues, both my parents have past away, but my moms sisters are coming, and my stepmother and half sister and my neices. My stepmother is at table #1 along with the rest of my immediate family, and that is where they should be. My Aunts who always stood by my mom and stood up for her through the nasty divorce, are at table #4. My aunts still have my moms back, even more now that she passed away. I love them but they tend to forget that my Dads second Family are my Sister, Brother, and Neices, and that my step mom is the only grandmother my son has ever known. I also have the floor plan on PDF and have the same doodles lol. I love the fact that on the computer I can move people around easily from table to table, and then just print when I feel that I getting closer to what I want, make more doodles, more arrows, more x's and then change quickly the floor plan on the computer. I even went through my back up list and deleted everyone, felt a little harsh doing it but also there was a good feeling that came soon after, they were on a backup list for a reason and not the primary list. My venue holds 180, but truthfully I dont need to fill it with people that are friends but not close friends, so if I have 160 or 170 and not the 180, its all good, stress has eased up and we have the most important people to us there. Even if we get regrets sent back, Ive decide Im not adding anymore in thier place.

• Dana
    Curious May 2018 British Columbia
    Dana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Girl I was like that all night last night!!! I took a PDF of the layout and threw it in photoshop and doodled all over the damn thing until I felt like it all worked. Having my fiancé's divorced parents there is making everything very difficult in keeping them away from eachother but also not segregating everyone to their little familial cliques? I'm sure you're doing great though! Remember to take deep breaths and don't be afraid to step away for a minute!
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If I had invited 600, I would have said, "Sit where you like. I can't organize another thing!"

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think about stuff in the middle of the night all the time but there's never been something I've had to finish to perfection before sleep.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes Lesley, it's not done, but it's getting closer. I do have all the main guests accounted for and all their info, even entered their guests and children and assigned them to tables. I have everything written down as a back up, just in case of computer issues, and I save and make printed copies of the the list and table floor chart, now I sit and wait for the rest of the guests to sign into our website, so I'm tired but I do feel accomplished for what I have done so far. Lol we are having a medium sized wedding 180, and this guest list thing is hard, I cant imagine a large wedding, i once attended a wedding of 600, I can't even begin to imagine what she went through!
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Kila it's crazy isn't it! I'm mostly using the quest list on the wedding wire website, and directly putting them at tables, but even doing that there is their other halves, their plus ones, some guest will have children, oh and getting everyone's name correct. I've asked everyone to check out our wedding site and sign in with their email, but no they don't do that lol I've had 210 plus visits to the webpage, some people have been multiple times and others are just looking and not leaving their email, so lastnight I was adding addresses and emails until almost 4 am. Lol I do have my handwritten hard copies too. Some on my FH side are under the impression that they don't need to tell us anything, "we're family if we come we come, there should be room for us" OMG I want to scream. I'm about 7 months away, and I'm already freaking about the guest list, I'm mailing the invitations in November and I fear this will be my downfall, that this is what is going to get me. Lol
  • Kila
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Guest list is my nightmare .... I don't know how you're doing it ! We have about 40 pages of scribbles everywhere with random names on it . Completely diss functional over here !
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Eeek but it's good that it's finally done now!
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    2:37 am btw, and up at 5am yesterday for my job.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics