Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynsey
Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia

Signature drinks??

Lynsey, on September 7, 2017 at 11:43 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 28
I'm curious to everyone's thoughts on creating a signature drink .. is it worth it?

28 Comments

Latest activity by Maegan, on September 22, 2017 at 01:21
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Pretty! When is the wedding? Im so looking forward to seeing pics of this all!
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is so amazing!! Can i please be invited?!? Haha. Joking but actually it sounds like so much fun Smiley smile
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm wondering if we should have a brides drink and grooms drink?

• Kila
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So this is from Pinterest but what we are using as inspiration for our tables

Signature drinks?? 1
  • Kila
    Kila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So we are making the "unbreakable vow" and tying ribbons around our wrists together to represent that . We have our hall divided into 4 sections of long king tables each will represent one of the hogwarts houses and be decorated accordingly . Our seating chart will have a sorting hat on it and sort each guest into theirs house . Photo booth will have Harry Potter costumes and props . Chocolate frog at every seat and everyone gets a wand! Table decor will be gold goblets and old candlesticks on top of old books with lots of greenery as tabke runner !
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this!!! What other harry potter themed things have you incorporated into the wedding??
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds like a very cool idea. I think I'm going to bring this one up to my fiancé and see how he feels about it Smiley smile

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose to do two different kinds of signature drinks. One is called the Nana Lucy, named after my fiancés grandmother who passed away just this year in May. It's a gin and tonic with her favourite gin as that was the drink they always shared together at family gatherings. The other drink is a peach bellini called Felix felicis, better known as liquid luck to those Harry Potter lovers lol We both love HP and wanted to incorporate it into the big day somehow and figured this would be one of the easiest ways. Our hashtag is also a HP quote twisted to work in our favour!

• Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Makes sense given your liquor situation. Ours changed recently and we can't justify paying $4 each drink for everyone
  • Samantha
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have just chose an open bar! Makes it more easier!
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yum! They both sound good
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The champagne with syrup and orange slice sound delicious!

• Kila
    Kila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks !! I didn't make it up as they are the actual names of potions from the movies Smiley smile Felix Felicious will be a champagne drink with simple syrup and orange slice Smiley smile
    Amortentia will be a spiked punch . Haven't worked out the details quite yet Smiley smile
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's really cute, Kila, and very creative. Did you make up the names? What's in each one?

• Kila
    Kila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going for it . It works with our theme (Harry Potter) so we are having one called Amortencia -(love potion )and one called Felix Felicious (liquid luck)
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Looooove Rosé. I just discovered one I had never tried before. It's called Barefoot Rosé. It's semi sparkling so it has a little bit of bubbles. I'm obsessed!
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Makes sense. I like the idea of it, but I also like the simplicity of just having a few options and people chose what they like!
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We won't be having a signature drink. It's hard to know what people like and dislike so we're just leaving it up to them at our open bar.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing two signature drinks, more like a his and hers, for the cocktail hour. We looked on pinterest and found two drinks that we like. We opted to do this for the cocktail hour rather than opening a full bar with wine and liquor. Dinner will have wine on the tables and open bar after.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my opinion it's not! Every wedding I go to I never remember what it is. I've read a few wedding articles that say the trend is on its way out. So maybe it's just overkill and not necessary.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't do one but I think it is really cute, I like seeing them at other people's weddings. WeddingWire actually has a few signature cocktail recipe suggestions -

6 Champagne Cocktails Worth Serving at Your Wedding

5 Watermelon Cocktails Worth Serving at Your Wedding

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hmm those sound good.
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its an added expense to our open bar, so we are not doing it. I'd love to though, I'm always coming up with drinks for parties we throw and naming them fun things.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're having signature drinks to simplify our liquor order.

We have "the perfect couple" - whiskey and coke and "something blue" - vodka, blue curacao, pineapple juice and 7Up.

We'll also have beer and wine.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having signature cocktails for the welcome and the cocktail hour. My FBIL came up with the recipes which we will give to our caterer.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our signature drinks are simple. It's really just to an excuse for me to have rosé LOL. The other drink will be a rye and coke.
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's a good idea. I'm just not sure if it's worth investing in a signature drink. I like the idea but don't know if it makes a lot of sense. Our liquor situation has changed at our venue and now we're only allowed to serve their 3 blueberrry wines as our table wines
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wont have any signature drinks... We are only doing wine and beer. But we will be picking 2 or 3 different craft beers to get kegs of and i have 5 or 6 different wines we will have to choose from.. All of our favorites!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics