Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maegan
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

Show me your shoes!

Maegan, on November 2, 2019 at 14:01 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 47
Hey ladies!

I'm having a horrible time deciding on what to wear on my feet day of! Our ceremony will be outdoors so if I go with a heel it will have to be block or wedge. I also like the idea of a white sneaker and maybe some colourful laces or a blue shoe. I bought a pair of glittery flats cuz they were a great deal but idk if im sold on them.
Show me what you guys are wearing so I can get some inspo! TIA!

47 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on November 25, 2019 at 08:40
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just got mine the other day from Call It Spring for a whopping $34! I wanted something with a heel but needed a block heel to not sink into the grass for our outdoor ceremony. They're surprisingly comfy so I'll barely need to break them in around the house and I was also super impressed that they're a carbon-neutral company and all their shoes are vegan. Best find so far Smiley laugh

Show me your shoes! 1

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are so pretty!
  • Erin
    Curious April 2020 Alberta
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I always wanted a pair of Jimmy Choo’s
  • Rebecca
    Curious November 2020 Bahamas
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Converse still does custom shoes but only within the United States. I made my fiancé custom shoes for our wedding but had to order them to my grandparents house in Oregon and had to use my moms American credit card.
    Show me your shoes! 2
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Converse used to do custom shoes on their website. You could choose the color of the shoe, the tongue, that little strip on the back. Plus you could pick laces and add a typed message on a few spots. I'm not sure of they still do them quite that custom, but it would be worth looking into.
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't actualy bought my shoes yet, but basically what is below. I might do ribbon instead of a shoe lace. If I can't find the blue chucks, I'll do white with blue ribbon/laces.

Show me your shoes! 3

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They were from Callitspring.com 😊

Only downside was that they were a bit uncomfortable - but that's probably because I have a high arch and can't wear flat shoes for too long at a time. They also had a lace up option back when they were available.

• Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had to make a quick decision recently when my seamstress for my dress asked me what I'm wearing for shoes, so that she knows if she needs to add any extra length to the skirt. I decided on flats because I love wearing flats in the summer and I know my feet would get sore in heels. Now I need to decide what kind of flats I want to wear...

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you hadn't pointed it out I wouldn't have even noticed!

Super cute shoes 😍
  • Katelyn
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Show me your shoes! 4 I found these flats from DSW.

(The missing rhinestone is in a baggie, I just need to actually replace it but I’m lazy).
  • Kayla
    Newbie August 2020 Manitoba
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Where did you get these from if you dont mind me asking? they are beautiful!

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These look like great choices!
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    After all the inspo and tips, I think I found my shoes! Just waiting to make sure they're comfy enough. I got these white leather flower block heels for the ceremony and plain white sperrys with laces that match my girls for dancing! Im so excited for them to get here in the mail!
    Show me your shoes! 5
    Show me your shoes! 6 Show me your shoes! 7
  • Jessica
    Beginner December 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my gosh... I struggled SO MUCH with this. I had always planned on wearing really amazing heels, but I just couldn't find something that fit the idea in my head AND that I could justify the price of/would wear again. So I went a completely different route and bought triple decker glittery Keds x Kate Spade. Linked to the ones I got below. I tried them on in the store with jeans and they were SO CUTE with a casual outfit. Planned to wear them for just the reception but after trying them on with my dress I decided it wasn't worth the cost and discomfort and stress of trying to find a second pair! So excited to wear these now. https://www.keds.com/CA/en_CA/keds-x-kate-spade-new-york-triple-decker-glitter/30637W.html?dwvar_30637W_color=WF57804#cgid=women-ourcollections-kedsxkatespadenewyork&start=1

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had to get my Badgley Mischka's from the states too! Worth it though haha

• K
    Beginner October 2020 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was like trying to find a needle in a haystack! I ended up ordering them out of the states.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are so awesome!! I didn't even know Badgley Mischka had wedges!!

• K
    Beginner October 2020 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

ShoesShow me your shoes! 8

My ceremony will be outside on a golf course. I'm fairly short (5 feet) and was in desperate need of some height and don't do well in heels. These are so comfy and I can actually walk in them but I will be getting some sneakers to change into just incase!
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You'll want an outing or two to break them in! (Loop hole to wear them sooner 😜)
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is so exciting. 💕 My dress is moscato with an ivory overlay, and my colours are navy and rose gold so it just made sense to go for the rose gold pair. I’m so excited to wear them! Only have to wait 10 months though. 😔
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Me too! I went with the cream ones from the kids department, they should arrive today Smiley smile
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Show me your shoes! 9 These are the shoes I got. I am getting married on a beach so I don’t need shoes for the ceremony but I got these for the reception back on the cruise ship.
  • Lynne
    Curious June 2022 Quebec
    Lynne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love love love! 👍🏻
  • Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kinda non-traditional:

Show me your shoes! 10
  • Kristi
    Curious June 2020 Quebec
    Kristi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful Smiley love are they COMFY?

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I splurged and got these flats from bellabelle.

They're kinda pink, so I can wear them after the wedding without looking "bridal"

Show me your shoes! 11

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The beading on mine is champagne and silver, so the white is too bright. I debated the rose gold but they look too pink for me. These seem like my Goldie Locks shoes...just right!

I did see a pair of cream on cream polka dot ones about half an hour after I placed my order, but Ive decided I like the sparkle better
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love these! But my Fh would hate it if i wore a heel this high- I'd be taller then him for sure!
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ive looked at these about a million times but never bought them! My issue is the beading on my dress is a mix of gold and (almost) bronze so I'm not sure which colour combo of these would look best.
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for all the input and inspo ladies!! Im thinking a low block heel for the ceremony and some dancing shoes for later are definitley my best bet!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are ur feet showing in your dress? a white block heel would be nice!! no one is going to see my feet so i can go barefoot HAHAH

• Theresa
    Beginner July 2020 Ontario
    Theresa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love heels, but I would recommend getting a pair of Solemates. They slip on your heel so you don’t sink but you don’t have to commit to a wedge

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics