Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marcie
Newbie August 2018 Ontario

Show invites please

Marcie, on August 15, 2017 at 22:13 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22
STRUGGLING WITH INVITE IDEAS BUDGET FRIENDLY
PLEASE SHARE YOUR NEED RSVP INVITE AND A CARD EXPLAINING THERE WILL BE A 2 TO 3 HOUR BREAK
ALSO IF YOU CAN POST PICTURES AND WHERE U GOT IT

22 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 13:04
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our invitation from vistaprint.

Show invites please 1
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went with Minted. We were originally looking at Vistaprint but we found these and they couldn't be more perfect for us. (we met on plenty of fish) Minted also included addressing which I liked.

Invitations are here!!!! - 2

Invitations are here!!!! - 1

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I actually ended up winning Letter press invitations at a local bridal show! (definitely not budget friendly though) I attached photos - they aren't the greatest quality.

I think people will assume there is a break btwn the ceremony and reception due to pictures and such. I don't think you have to explain that - if the ceremony and reception aren't at the same location that will give people time to go back to the hotel and check in etc. I have a link on my invite to our wedding website - you could let people know there instead of putting everything on the invite as it may look too busy.
    I see below people have posted the time of ceremony and time of dinner on their invite - that would be a good way to let people know!
    Ceremony at x PM
    Dinner & Reception to follow at x PM

inviteinvite

RSVP RSVP

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the heads up with Vista Prints wedding sample kit just ordered one. We are going to be going with them anyways but ordered one just to see the quality. Have ordered business cards and other things though them before. Always been good for that.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did our Save the dates with Paperless Post and our invites with Vista Print. Our invites indicated the time of the ceremony and reception which were several hours apart. We also put our wedding website on the invite as where to RSVP. The wedding website is where we put the additional info reminding/informing guests that they would have some free time between ceremony and reception.
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to go with Vista Print!! So many amazing options at great prices. I just sent away for a free wedding sample kit so I can see what the quality is like in person Smiley smile

Wedding Sample Kit

Another option I have seen people do is go onto Easy and purchase a template and print invites on your own. Michael's has great deals sometimes & usually run their 40% off coupons that will make it even a little more budget friendly.

What we are doing, is creating a website to explain all of those little details to our guests. You can create a FREE version on this website. There are so many great options, we just wanted something a little more detailed. We ended up going with appy couple though, it cost us $50. We will have all the details on there, time of the events, accommodation info, as well as how we will get RSVP's (bonus - no RSVP's to pay paper & postage for) You can do all of these things on the wedding wire websites you create.

• S
    Newbie September 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got my save the dates from vista print. For my invitations I got a online printable off etsy edited my own information (invite, details card, rsvp slips) for about $25 and printed at staples for $60 (I got 120 invitation sets) then I added a scrapbook paper backing to make a boarder and decorated with lace on the sides! They were beautiful and probably cost only $100 for over 100 invitations.
  • A
    Newbie October 2017 Quebec
    Annie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used https://www.greenvelope.com And loved my experience. Msg me if ever you want more detail.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow wish I went with Vista print now..
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Marcie! Have you looked through the Wedding Vendors catalog for Invitations stores in your area?

Wedding Invitations, Ontario

• Chandler
    Beginner October 2017 Ontario
    Chandler ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made my own! Check out weddinnchicks.com they have free printables. Honestly I wouldn't waste too much time on them as people just throw them away after.
    I spray painted doilies and folded them over my invite and attached ribbon around with a square name tag thing. I used glue dots to hold it in place. Peaople loved them!
  • Shelby
    Frequent user October 2017 British Columbia
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought my Save the dates, Invitations, RSVP cards and thank you cards from Vistaprint. They have so many beautiful designs and they are very reasonably priced (sign up for emails and wait for a 50% off sale)

• Samantha
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We bought ours at Michaels craft store, super cheap and easy to DIY.
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We designed ourselves and used vista print to print them. We waited until there was a 50% off sale. We upgraded the paper (probably didn't need to) and it was still only $40 for 100 invites. I got the envelopes from Staples because I wanted navy but vistaprint provides free white envelopes. I lined them with scrapbook paper from Michaels also purchased with a coupon for about $10. I splurged on the paper!

Any additional information was on our wedding website. I only created two RSVP cards for our grammas (handwritten) and bought two individual mini envelopes for them from a local paper store.
    Diy invitations & calligraphy - 2

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We only invited 30 people so I only need 15 invitations. I found packets of wedding invitations at a thrift shop (brand new of course) and filled in the spaces with all the information. Cost: $3.00. I think people appreciated the handwritten invitation. That would be a lot harder if you had over 100 guests, though.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have a brother printer ink jet. It is not top of the line or anything. Got it off amazon for $98. Thought about getting a laser printer but ink jet was good enough. My sister printed hers at work. She got the kit at Michaels with the coupon and would print 10 at a time.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used vista print for my invitations. I also had a wedding website where I listed the kind of information like rsvp's, or the break in between. I will post my photos below of my invitation and it has my wedding website and password on it. You are more then welcome to check it out to see how I laid things out.

Wedding invitationWedding invitationWedding invitationWedding invitation

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got our invitations on VistaPrint. Super affordable and tons of options. We asked everyone to RSVP on our website as it was easiest.

You can state on your invitation that there is a time break. My friend has a 2 hour break between her ceremony and reception and just said "ceremony 1-2, with light refreshments after, followed by reception and dinner 4:30-12".

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did our whole suite through Vista Print. They are the most affordable option I found and the quality and price is great. They're super customizable. You can make your own or choose from their designs. We paid about 80$ For 40 invites and RSVPs plus envelopes and envelope seals. Plus we upgraded our invitation from matte cardstock to glossy. They always have sales and discount codes too which is great for saving money
  • Marcie
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Marcie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wbat kond of printer do u have i have a cheap epspn onk one
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I purchased print your own kits from party city. I ended up not using their template it was super easy and cheap. It was $30 for 100
  • Alanah
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Alanah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally, I will be designing my invitations myself and sending them in evites and having everyone RSVP on the wedding website. If you are not tech or design savy vista print has affordable options as well as staples.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics