Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Shoe decision help

Kelly, on May 25, 2018 at 17:03 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 26

I'm having a difficult time deciding which shoes I should go with. I want flats that are elegant, pretty and COMFORTABLE, and I haven't found anything that feels or looks special enough yet in a flat. Then I found Bella Belle. When I showed these insanely beautiful, but very expensive shoes to my mom and my future mother in law, they both loved them too, and they offered to each go halfers and buy them for me (DYING).

So here's my dilemma: I can't decide between 3 of them. Here's my dress for reference:

BHLDN ReaganShoe decision help 1

Here's the shoe that I've been OBSESSING over:

AdoraShoe decision help 2

Okay, now here's the rub. It also comes in Blush, and I'm wondering if I should go that way because my dress has a blush lining. AND it would be easier to wear a pink shoe beyond the wedding than a white shoe, so I might get more bang for my buck with this one.

Adora BlushShoe decision help 3

AND...here's my other dilemma. This other one has lace detail that is a dead ringer for the lace on my dress...

AliciaShoe decision help 4

Lace close upShoe decision help 5

I'd appreciate some opinions. Which is your favourite? Which do you think I should go with?

26 Comments

Latest activity by Lyla, on June 6, 2018 at 17:39
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I adore the first pair ! Really I think any of them would match great though Smiley smile
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love them all, but the last pair is really lovely Smiley smile

• Jane
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Jane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say the last pair! If needed you could always pick up a pair of fast flats or a less snazzy pair for later in the evening, if you can't break them in to the point of long term comfort in time
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go with the last pair. They are so dainty and elegant and they match the lace in your dress. I would also worry with the other ones that the beads would snag on the bottom of your dress.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My vote is for the third pair of shoes. Although the other ones have a pop of bling which I am all about; the third pair looks so cute and elegant like the lace on your dress.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Tough decision! Personally, I love the lace ones, the third pair!

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Third pair w/ the matching lace FTW!

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    #2 shoe fits more with the dress colour. However I like the #1 shoe best. Looks elegant and stylish
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are both beautiful! I fell in love with the Rowena, Hearst gown, Leigh gown and lure of lace.... also the Trevi... haha. To many amazing options
  • Catherine
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wanted a simple, flowy dress, so ordered some of the cheaper options. I went with the Violetta in the ended, but debated between keeping that one or the Annabelle (they're both much more beautiful in person than on the website). The Violetta was more unique and fun, and I think the beading is gorgeous, so it won out in the end. It needs to be hemmed a little, but otherwise true to size. https://www.bhldn.com/bride/violetta-dress-ivory/productoptionids/fbcaeb8b-b90b-4e9a-9313-32da085940dd

Hope this helps!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the third pair, the lace matches the lace of your dress really well! Regardless of which ones you choose though they will all look nice
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ordering more then one dress is a great idea! I wouldn’t mind sending the other one back. Can I ask which dress you decided to keep? I wish anthropology carried a few in stores here to at least try on. Lol!
  • Catherine
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Gina! I’m also going with BHLDN and can’t recommend it enough. I actually ordered three dresses, kept my favourite and returned the others. Shipping it back wasn’t too pricey (about $30) but customs and duties on the way in were pretty steep. Luckily, there’s a way to apply for a refund of taxes from the government once your return with BHLDN has been processed. The information can be found online and while a bit of a pain, totally worth the $200 I should get back. If you like the dresses, I say go for it!
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I've had it for a while now. I ordered it online. I was stalking it for a while, so it made sense to just order it. If it didn't work out, I least I knew for sure it wasn't the one, and it wouldn't be haunting me as I shopped Smiley tongue

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I vote the third pair! That dress is first off... BEAUTIFUL and it's so soft and romantic! The last pair of shoes with the tie up I think is so cute and will continue the soft elegant look of the dress!!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Did you receive your dress yet? Or did you buy in the states? I’m debating on a couple of their dresses, but it’s so hard to pull the trigger when you don’t physically get to try the dress on.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the alicia. And the 1st one. I dont like the blush at all. It looks peachy more than blush
  • Jenn
    Frequent user March 2019 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like that Alicia shoes!! BUT the adora blush will probably go best with the dress and be more comfy!!!
  • Laura
    Curious February 2020 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also thinking the blush!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My vote is for the blush with the lace.
  • Catherine
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d go with the blush. And I went with a BHLDN gown too. Love their styles!
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Actually just wants to say that I loveeee your dress!! It's super pretty!

As for shoes I think both adora and adora blush are nice Smiley smile
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Adora blush seems to make the most sense to me! But you can't go wrong with whatever you pick.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd go with the blush, and I'd go with Adora - easier to wear after the wedding, and very pretty.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the adora blush! I think they would look great with your dress colour. The last ones are really pretty too. Shoes are so hard to pick!!!!!
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the Alicia shoes, I like the details on them, very pretty and compliments the lace on your dress! 😍

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics