Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

September 2023 brides how are you all doing?

Carine, on July 18, 2022 at 15:09 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 43

Hey Brides of 2023 how are you all doing with planning?

I have a venue that does it all, but before we booked it I got silk flowers made, so I will be using the venues flowers for bouquet toss and memorial flowers.

I've ordered the save the dates and invitations, guest list is done, ordering a bride and groom cake, I am getting her to do "thank you" cookies as favors, for the cake top layer for our 1 year anniversary bottom layer for us, venue is doing a cake for the guest, I found a cute guestbook frame at Michaels and used a 40% off coupon. Been doing that with a lot of things. Getting my friend to use her circuit for signs and guest seating, name cards have been ordered. I am almost all done. Wedding dress buying is August 20th, 2022. Photographer, hair and makeup booked. not much left to do.

Just curious to see how far all of my 2023 brides are doing?

43 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on August 2, 2022 at 09:56
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love that, same with me I have a one stop shop for my venue and they also do it all.

I would start sending out that Save the dates as soon as possible since the back log of weddings, seems like 2023 is a popular year for weddings.

From what i've been reading on this group is tuxes get the ball rolling now, they have been a shortage on tuxes. Try to avoid Moore's they've been behind months and have been screwing up sizes.

• K
    Newbie September 2023 Ontario
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry for the typos! When renting a TUX How far in advance generally do you have to reach out to the suit place?
  • K
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    September 2023 here! So far I’ve booked the venue, which is also where the ceremony will be, so all in one place! And it includes everything from the ceremony to the Decor so I don’t have to order any of that stuff. I’ve ordered save the date cards, booked make up, booked the officiant, booked a photographer and bought my dress! Still negotiating the dj and hair.

I have a question for Ivy one, when renting a text from a suit plays how far in advance do you generally get that ball rolling?
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love that you said Buck and Doe because not a lot of people know what that is. Same once he convinced me to plan I just got caught up. I was getting discouraged about venue and decorations and officiants and I was like back to plan A, but then I saw this venue and they did it all for me so I was like can I see it, yup we love it, done, down payment see you closer to the date.

• Jessica
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahaha I also was like, let's do potluck BBQ and save some dough but then I got caught up in the whirl wind and just decided to go with it 😆 We are doing a buck and do early Oct. so we'll have a better idea on what we can budget. Our venue is pretty barebones so we either have to bring everything ourselves or we have to hire someone else to do it lol
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you have the budget do it, I am not a picky person about dinnerware so whatever the venue provides I am happy, they can do things on paper plates I really do not care. My main thing is ceremony, food and fun, if those three are a hit I am happy. I was just going to do a wedding at the courthouse and then a BBQ but then my FH said every girl wants a wedding and he isn't wrong. lol

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm getting the girls to pick and buy their dresses but I gave them 3 colors to choose from.

Cake my venue is doing one so I'm getting that one for the guest and then doing two layers for us and the bridal party.

I just need a dress and I am almost done, just a few items I want at the venue that they do not offer.

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Date twins!! I am also currently having the debate on whether or not to book a day of coordinator and someone to help with decor. I feel like I've done all I can manage on my own, and piecing together all the dinnerware and stuff is just really bogging me down 😵
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm hooked, I need one for birthdays and just because lol

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, the cricut is a real leg up!! My mother has one and we've been using it lots hahaha, we were able to do out wedding party enamel mugs and stuff them with a boozy hot chocolate for like $6 each. I'm sure we'll be using it a tonne more!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for all the tips and tricks!! Will definitely check them out 😄
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love that idea, I want to do Glamping at least once in my life, lots of areas near by.

Of course DIY your wedding will be a lot cheaper than renting or buying, I was looking at buying stuff and I was like hell no I can do this cheaper half the price. I manage to find a lot of things on sale or discounts, even reused frames I had for signs and I'm using a cricut, those things are so worth it. I'm thinking of investing in one.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are almost done, I may have to bite the bullet and get a limo since I added another girl to my bridal list. The FH decided he wanted to add another one of his friends to the wedding so luckily I knew who I would ask, so now we are 5 instead of 4. Who wants to drive anyways. My friend got a shuttle for her guest, we aren't a large group and not many people are from out of town so I just gave them hotel recommendations.

Lists are so good to have, I just made one and started checking things off. Music they have a speaker and I can attach my phone or iPad so I already have that sorted. I just have the dress, a few decorations and a few gifts to buy and I can enjoy the rest of the year since next summer will be busy.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome I have a venue that does it all as well, less stress for us. I started planning in January when I got engaged, found our venue in April and every week I do one thing for the wedding, every pay I buy one thing I need. I know a lot of people, hair, makeup, cake so that helped me a lot and the FH bought me a planner so that also helped with my wedding vision.

I found Vista print was the cheapest for invites and ordered them on a Monday, got them on the Wednesday so not the date they said I would get them so I was very pleased with that, they often have 30% discounts so I waited for another one to show up and bought them right away.

One day at a time.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are doing well I think. Check out Michaels and go on their coupons you can save on a lot of items you might need, also look on your local wedding marketplace people are selling their guest books because they end up not using them or were gifted a better one. Christmas is also coming I plan on using gift cards for amazon during that time. But you are doing great and with this group things will pop up and you'll find something you forgot. We are all here to support each other.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great idea, I feel with all the weddings happening next year it's not too early to have them out a year before, besides it's save the date not the actual invite, Give plenty of time for people to prep.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I couldn't agree more with you, mine are printed out, I may do them tonight, the FH is sick with his man cold and i'm a little bored and don't have much to do until I see my friend and get the stuff printed with the Cricut so I may do that tonight.

• Nicole
    Newbie September 2023 Alberta
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Woohoo for September 16! I was thinking about having an organized friend in charge, but I feel like my most organized friends are in my wedding party, and I also want everyone to be able to relax and enjoy they day without having too much stress! We will see, I think there’s plenty of time to look into coordinators still!
  • Nicole
    Newbie September 2023 Alberta
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I personally wanted to get my save the dates out sooner rather than later because I know of quite a few weddings happening next year. I think this year and next are still seeing some “make up” weddings from when Covid hit. So I figured best to be safe than sorry with our guest list!
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You seem to be right on track with the rest of us, I was an eager beaver and started planning the minute I got engaged Smiley atonished

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Honestly use your friend if she is willing and if you trust her. Some offer a great deal as well or if your venue recommends sometimes you get discounts that way!

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol, only by a slim margin! I am. Actually a little more than a year. I will be sending them out August 6th and my wedding is August 18th, 2023. Some will be sent by mail to as far out as New Brunswick whereas some will be handed out to our co-workers at work.

Since 100% of our guests have to get accommodations where I wedding is, I am sending it a year out. It is high wedding season and high tourist season where I am going and I rather safe than sorry for them to be able to book their stay. Myself, MOH, grooms mom, my entire family are already booked for next summer.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Seems like you are doing just as good as all of us! Seems like we are a head of schedule but wow 13 months is really not that far behind, summer is almost over they are already putting Halloween stuff out, before you know it we will all be married and sharing out day.

Boy do they ever add up, you have a budget but we already went over budget lol. I'm to a point where I'm using frames from the house for seating charts and using 40% off coupons at micheals to save.

• A
    Ayden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I meant that I have mine printed! Just gathering addresses and sending them out in the next month or two! I want to make sure people have the most notice possible (i like to be ahead of schedule)
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome that you have someone to help you out, it's so much fun at the same time stressful. Start looking at venues and book that quick, with the back log in weddings it was hard finding my date we had to settle for September 30th and then everything else was booked as well so I had to beg my hairdresser to do our hair and my friend to do makeup.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay so it's not to early to send out the save the date, great I'll send them out this week or next.

Some people are pro day of coordinator I just got my friends husband to be MC and in charge of all of the small details. Dress shopping I have 3 appointments booked for August 20th.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Way to go that is awesome, you'll be able to enjoy the rest of the year. Less stress this way.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow that is great, going in August for my dress. Not sure when to send out the save the dates. But the rest is just decorations and gifts.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I thought I was advanced you have me beat. I'm debating on sending the save the dates a year in advanced since a lot of the weddings are backed logged so not sure what to do?

Enjoy your trip, before we know it a year will have arrived.

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow you're pretty much all planned and ready to go!! We are DIYing the heck out of this wedding (not sure if it's gonna be any cheaper in the end hahaha). We are getting married at a glamping place, and so far have booked our venue, photography, outdoor bar, officiant, and picked/notified our wedding party. We have a buck and doe planned for Oct. 2022 rather than waiting just right before the wedding so that we can budget a little bit better! 😁 haven't got much farther into the planning than that other than getting a quote for a tent and dance floor, because it's all just so overwhelming haha!
  • A
    Newbie September 2023 British Columbia
    Adelaida ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's awesome most of it is done for you!
    We have our ceremony and reception venue booked. The venue includes a caterer, decorations, DJ and a coordinator. I have my florist, photographer and videographer booked. I have 2 hotel blocks and am looking into maybe hiring a shuttle service. Wedding dress has been ordered. MUA has been hired. Save the Dates will be ordered within the next week. Wedding website is complete.
    My to do list right now is deciding if a shuttle is needed, booking a limo and finalizing the time line. Once that's done I'm going to do my song list.
  • Lorielle
    Lorielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow that’s really impressive!! September 8, 2023 is our date! We’ve booked our venue which does mostly everything for us! Still working everything else though. Need to send out save the date cards asap and work on the DJ and photographer. How are you guys managing?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics