Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Breanna
Newbie June 2018 Ontario

Separate vendors or venue with a package?

Breanna, on September 2, 2016 at 16:52 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6

Hi,

I have started looking at venues and am starting to think if it is better to hire a hall and then separate decorator and caterer or doing it at a venue with a package?

Basically I am trying to do everything as cheap as possible without going too cheap (if that makes sense) and wanting some opinions... We are also a Friday wedding so a bit more laid back...

6 Comments

Latest activity by Simone, on October 1, 2016 at 13:29
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Breanna. I would recommend if you can get everthing include at venue would be a better idea. I did that with my venue and the only thing I took out was the DJ as I did my review on the company and did not want to encounter any issues. But you can always compare between allInclusive deal with the venue va paying everyone separately to see what the difference is in cost. I found it was cheaper for me to do it with my venue. Hope this helps. Smiley smile
  • Nelly
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Talk to your venue and see if you can take a look at a wedding that they are decorating, if you like it, book them if not go with a decorator.

• Rashna
    Frequent user October 2016 British Columbia
    Rashna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree! We went for something all included and it really made things easier. There are still many options we can choose from that make it unique and personnal like the different menu options they offer. That's really an amazing deal you got Valerie!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I LOVE my all in one venue! I find it so much less stressful. My venue includes catering (but I have to get the cake myself), DJ, chairs, tables, all linens, silverware, glasses, open bar and bartender, and Day of Coordinator.

If you do book an all-inclusive venue just be careful with any outside vendors, for example, I'm looking into having a food truck for late night service and I'm currently waiting to hear back from my venue to see if they allow outside food before I start booking anything.

Just be sure to keep that kind of stuff in mind when booking.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Breanna! Smiley heart I'm so happy to see you in the community! Welcome!

I agree with Kira, I think it all depends on how much you want to organize things yourself and personalize them or just prefer to have things already set. Have a look at our vendors in your area to see what they offer.

Wedding Venues Ontario

You should really ask Eartha who also lives in Ontario. She already found her venue but is looking for a separate decorator. I'm sure she'll have great advice for you! Smiley smile Wedding decoration help!

I also saw that you're getting married in 2018! Congrats!! That leaves you plenty of time to do things yourself, if you want to save on costs. Here a few few ideas I think you will like!

5 original Save the Date ideas

Summer Ceremony Decors with Flowers

What step are you at in your planning?

• Kira
    Devoted November 2016 Ontario
    Kira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Breanna! Welcome to the community! You'll see we're all here to help each other out! Smiley winking

In my case and I think the other brides in this forum will be able to confirm, it was easier to have everything in the same package. The only thing though, is that if you want to customize things make them a bit different, it can be a harder task. Make sure that the venues have decorations you like and menus with your tastes too. We were lucky cause we're renting a hall with decorations but doing the catering ourselves.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics