Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Second guessing your planning choices

Joey, on December 8, 2017 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13

What do you do when you've made your decision, but you start to doubt yourself and change your mind? Have you changed any of your vendors, your theme, your color pallet, or your outfit choice? How do you deal with the doubts? When is it too late to change your mind?

How do you cope with too much choice?

Second guessing your planning choices 1

Photo by Cardero Clothing in Abbotsford BC

13 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 18, 2017 at 11:10
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding planning was done by me and all decisions were solid. I take others and my own family talks as reconsideration. Know what you're wanting and look around before booking. Deposits will be gone and will have to fork more money out.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm with you there! There are a few people that I keep giving the details to, but some people I now just tell them "you'll have to wait and see" or "we want that to be a surprise" because I don't want to hear their opinion or advice anymore! It's my wedding and I want to do it how I want it.

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I put a lot of research into our options. I usually make a collage of ideas, for specific things, and send it to my FH. He picks his top 3 choices, from those, I narrow it down to 2. Then we make a decision from there. I try to include him in everything, but the "girly" details are my department. Haha. I feel great about our choices because we chose them together and it just feels good getting things crossed off the list. I've only made 1 small decision that I regretted (a sign). I chose another design the same week and had it printed. I tried to save $15, but I immediately regretted not choosing the one I really wanted just to save a few dollars.
  • Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have the worst commitment issues when it comes to making decisions! It makes me crazy! I haven't learned how to deal with this, I just stay positive with whatever I have haha!
  • Alexis
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The more people give me "advice", the more I am second guessing. It has gotten to the point where I don't even want to share wedding details!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH has given me the option to pick out my own engagement ring and this is the thing I've changed my mind on quite a bit.

Due to some unfortunate issues involving the jewelry store, I have backed out on one ring that we had a hold on (refundable) and another one that we had made but didn't turn out correctly ($100 NON-refundable design fee).

Needless to say, I am stressed out and very upset. This has made me second guess everything. Aside from this community, I had completely abandoned my wedding planner due to the stress of this one issue.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My most valuable tool was talking things out with my husband. I am the one who goes waaaaayy overboard in the over-thinking department so it was nice having a level head to share ideas with and keep me on the even keel.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I heard a couple things about my photographer after I had booked. So I got nervous. BUT, then we had our engagement shoot and she told us our teasers would be up in a week but she had them up in three days. I was so impressed! Our photos took a little longer but she does a lot of photography so I didn't mind waiting. I was super impressed with them and bought them all.
  • Jes G.
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jes G. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m the type of person who changes her mind at least twice before making a final decision. I have learned very early on that this is not always possible with wedding planning. Once you’ve made a decision with certain things- that’s sort of it unless you are willing to sacrifice down payments and the wedding date. I have since had to rewire my brain into being satisfied with what I have and if not I would have to make changes with what’s already been decided. As much as I want a perfect day, as long as I’ve said I do to my best friend and we both are having an amazing time, the rest is secondary.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we have changed or at least thought about changing at least 80% of our decisions. Haha. It’s been a very “roller coaster” like experience.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had decided to not go with a DJ and now we are talking about hiring one. It is something we are discussing together and with other people to find out pros and cons and their experiences.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I changed my MUA but that's the only thing I changed. I did that because she wouldn't answer my emails and when she did it felt like I had to pull information from her to get the answers that I needed.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For the most part, all of my choices were collaborative with my husband, so we put a lot of thought into our decisions and talked them out. There was a safety in that. I second guessed my dress like crazy, but I knew between the 2 that I was looking at, it would be the one my husband would most love on me and I knew it was beautiful, so I knew sticking to my guns on that was good. I chose it for a reason!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics