Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bianca
Master August 2019 Ontario

Save the Dates and Out of Town Guests

Bianca, on October 2, 2018 at 13:15

Posted in Plan a wedding 34

Happy Tuesday everyone! I need your advice on when I should send out my save the dates! FH and I are inviting several out of town guests, and would like to give them as much notice as possible for our upcoming nuptials. We just received out STDs today (YAY!), and I'm going to start addressing them...

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I need your advice on when I should send out my save the dates!

FH and I are inviting several out of town guests, and would like to give them as much notice as possible for our upcoming nuptials. We just received out STDs today (YAY!), and I'm going to start addressing them ASAP, but am still lost as to when I should send them. As per etiquette (according to the internet), STDs should go out 4 months prior to the wedding, but that seems a little close to me.

What do you all think? What did you do?

Thanks!

Photo via: funkypigeon.com

34 Comments

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Bianca,

Our wedding is in April 2019. We sent electronic STD’s 2 week’s ago and plan on sending the invitations on December 1st, with an RSVP date of March 1st.

We’re sending things early to allow guests to plan in advance (it’s a destination wedding), and to keep in mind that things can get lost/buried in the holiday shuffle.

Since your wedding is in August, maybe you could send your STD’s at the end of October/Early November and your invitations in Jan/Feb.

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not sure how far away your out of town guests live but we didn't keep the general idea of sending out our save the dates in mind at all and have send them about a year ahead of our date. People were very happy about getting it so early (they do all have about a 10 hour flight though) and some are starting to ask when the actual invite will come (we'll send those about 6 months before).
    So if you'd like to give them a heads up rather sooner than later I'd totally go for it, especially if they need at least one night in a hotel in order to come to your wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics