Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie August 2019 Alberta

Save the dates

Alyssa, on July 17, 2018 at 13:23 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Hey!!
My wedding is next August and it is on a long weekend. Do I need to send save the dates out?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Jane, on July 20, 2018 at 04:08
  • Jane
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Jane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would suggest it because it's a long weekend. Since they're not necessary you could do an email save the date. We didn't send them out buy we made a point to tell everyone in person and gave our invitations out about 7 months before!
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did save the dates. My fiancé’s friends and family live in Quebec and I have friends coming from over seas.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not necessary to do so unless you have some family members who don't use emails or computers. I called everyone in advance to let them know.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would. I would say a year in advance is a good time.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It wouldn't hurt! I'm sending save the dates for my wedding (also August long weekend 2019), just to ensure that all of our guests (especially our OOT ones) have the time off to come.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not necessary. But for out of town guests. I would give them a heads up. so they can prepare. we aren't a holiday weekend. but we have some out of country guests. so we gave them a heads up on the date. so they can start looking at flights etc.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They are not necessary! But as soon as we knew our location/date, we let all our out-of-town guests know.

My godmother and one of my bridesmaids are both from out of town, and Sept 8th is the latest date I could have my Bridal Shower before my bridesmaid moved to the UK until the wedding... So my mom said I should send a Save the Date because her generation would find it weird to be invited to a shower so early, and not have been invited to the wedding yet. So we did a digital save the date. I designed this on Photoshop and message or e-mailed it to all guests.

If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have done it... but if you are going to, I suggest about 8-10 months before the wedding, if it is local. ASAP if you're doing a destination.

Save the DateSave the dates 1

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You don't have to but I would say to send them out about 7-10 months before the wedding!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save the dates aren't a requirement but for the most part it is used to inform out of town guests that they will need to find somewhere to stay or to book off some time so that they will be able to make the trip. Since it is on a long weekend that shouldn't be a problem but I know that I usually book trips for the summer long weekends as early as April so perhaps just send out the invitations a little earlier than that to ensure they don't plan a trip that isn't for your wedding? (Example - I buy tickets for Canada's National Ukrainian Festival as early as January!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics