Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brandi
Curious July 2019 Alberta

Save the Dates

Brandi, on April 8, 2018 at 14:28 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

When are you/have you sent out your save the dates?

Im seeing mixed timelines online and am wonder what everyone thinks is an appropriate time to send them out. The majority of the guests are out of town but only 3 hours away, with a few being further away. Im just excited to design them and print them because I am a designer, plus I know that since I am doing them myself that I will want to change them 20 times before I print them off, so I figured I should give myself a deadline.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on April 11, 2018 at 09:56
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There is no one set rule for STDs since they are a new invention and they are inherently casual. I've always heard that STDs go out 6-8 months in advance for your average wedding, they can go earlier if travel is involved and/or your guests are very spread out and/or the wedding is on or near a holiday, but they typically shouldn't go more than one year in advance or people will lose/forget.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was SUPER excited to get save the dates out.

We sent them about 10 months in advance. I would say between 10 - 12 months is ideal, but if you wanted to do it further out than that, you definitely can!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We sent ours out about 18 months before the wedding because a lot of our guests tend to book vacations a year in advance
    i think usually they get sent out a year in advance and then the invitations at about 6 months
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're sending out our save the dates about a year before our wedding date. A lot of our guests are coming over from Europe so we want to give them plenty of time to plan it in and plane tickets world also probably be way cheaper farther ahead of time
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting our save the dates done next month to be sent out by July for our August 2019 wedding. We have a lot of anticipated guests from out of proveince so we want to give them lots of time.

• Sarah
    Frequent user December 2018 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I sent that our save the dates a year in advance just because our wedding is so close to Christmas. And we have a lot of family that needs the time to save up for the wedding. Most of our guests or about half of them are from Winnipeg which is 12 hours away so they're just going to end up making a big trip. Which is also really nice
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We sent them just over 9 months in advance. Our engagement is only 10 months otherwise I would’ve liked to send them a year in advance.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We gave out our save the dates last August while we were in Sault Ste. Marie for our stag and doe. We have a lot of people coming in from out of town so we sent them out early.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics