Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shaina
Frequent user April 2019 Ontario

Save the date cards

Shaina, on October 27, 2017 at 18:42 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
Did you send out save the date cards, or did you just wait and send out the invitations? If you did the save the date cards, how long before the wedding did you send them?

18 Comments

Latest activity by Chelsea, on October 31, 2017 at 21:40
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did save the dates and we sent them out about 6 months before the wedding.

• Dana
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Dana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We used PaperlessPost.com! They have some options that cost a fee but also lots of free options which we went with
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We sent save the dates through paperlesspost.com. It cost under $20 to send it to about 80-90 e-mail addresses. We sent them 9 months before the wedding, because most of my guests are out of province. If they were all/mostly local, we wouldn't have sent out the save the dates.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We sent out digital save the dates in late august for our wedding in July. I know it was really early but over 80% of our guests will be coming from out of town (new brunswick, ontario, alberta, All over bc, vancouver island, Washington, etc) so we wanted to give people a lot of time to book flights/ vacation days etc. and its that time in our lives where soooo many people get married so i wanted to make sure our date was out there first so people dont double book.
  • Stacy
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Stacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dana what website did you use for this? If you don't mind me asking!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We sent out save the dates this month and get married in June. We will be sending out invites after christmas sometime as most of our guests are coming from out of town.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We sent out digital save the dates in February or so and then sent invitations in March-April.

• Dana
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Dana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We sent digital save the dates about a year before just to give people quite a bit of advance notice! Because they were digital they were free which was awesome and the website we used prompted people to respond to the save the date with their mailing address so it was also a great way to collect mailing addresses for when we send the formal invitations. Would highly recommend that!
  • Shaina
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Whoops!It's mostly DFs family and unfortunately if we don't invite them it'll cause too much BS for me to handle.
  • Shaina
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I wish I could cut the guest list. But its all family aside from our 5 closest friends. There are some family members we could cut, but we'd still be close to 80! It's mistly
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can certainly help you with regard to keeping your wedding low cost. The first thing is to cut your guest list. We had 32 and they were immediate family and close friends. The only way to get the budget that low is to slash every item; dress, suit, décor, music, cake, invitations, thank you cards, etc. We saved enough on all these items that we could have an open bar.

• Shaina
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my goodness! I'd love to know how you stayed that cheap 😂. I was saying to FH that we should for around $5,000. We're having about 100 guests, but I feel like that isn't super realistic for a wedding these days, especially with that many guests. I definitely don't want unnecessary extras though. I just have to start looking at prices. I plan on doing lots of DIY.
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that brides feel they have to do certain things that really aren't necessary. When did candy bars become a "must have"? How did photo booths and props become reception necessities? A bride can do whatever she likes but that's how weddings end up costing $10,000+ and many couples can't afford to get married. We got married 5 weeks ago and our entire wedding cost under $6,000. That made it manageable and everyone said it was amazing.

• Shaina
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's kind of what I'm thinking. If I send the invitations out early enough it should be fine.
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sent out my invitations 6 months before the wedding. That gave people enough time to save the date anyway.

• Shaina
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do you think someone could send them out too soon? I'm hoping to pick the date in the next couple weeks, but it probably won't be until April 2019.
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We sent save the dates so people could book the time off if they needed to and to make sure they didn’t plan anything else for around that date. We sent ours out as soon as we had picked the date, which was 6 months notice.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics