Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alessia
Frequent user June 2020 Ontario

Same Day Edit - Yay or Nay?

Alessia, on March 31, 2018 at 13:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18

Hi ladies!

We are currently meeting with photographers/videographers for our big day! It is definitely exciting but nerve-wracking as I am very OCD and picky - I need to make sure we choose the BEST possible choice.

Our favourite company is pretty pricey but definitely one of the best in our city. We also wanted to make sure we put the most money toward this since it's really all we get to take from our day.

This is what our package includes:

- 10 hour coverage

- 2 photographers & 2 videographers

- 700+ images fully edited, high resolution

- 10 minute short story video

- 1.5 hour engagement shoot

- Full ceremony video

- Full speech video

- Online album, easy to download/print (everyone has access with link + password)

I wanted a same day edit but the fiancé said to put that $1,500 toward something else. Perhaps a gift for myself on our honeymoon. What do you think? Does it really make the reception? I know guests love it when it's presented to them but they won't really notice if it isn't there.

HELP!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Bruno, on October 12, 2018 at 13:29
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing a same day edit for my videography, but I have a special circumstance... My ceremony site is very small, so it'll be a private ceremony. I'm having a videographer tape the ceremony, edit it, and then it will be played at some point during the reception so everyone who COULDN'T come to the ceremony can enjoy it.

If your groom is that adamant about it, don't have a fight about it. It'll be just as beautiful if you send it to them a few months later - a nice reminder of the day!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If your groom is adamantly saying no, even after letting the sticker shock settle in and thinking about it, I would be respectful of that. It's both of your day, and if you are already investing a lot in your photos/video, you will be very happy with the package you already have. I think you're right, if you never mention it, or the possibility of it, to your guests, they won't miss it.
  • Alessia
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Alessia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you, everyone! As of now FH is still adamant on saying no. I’m still on the fence. But the more I think about it, even though it would be great to see us getting ready, our ceremony and then what we do in the afternoon at night with everyone, a flight to Europe for our Honeymoon is more appealing. We will see how it goes!
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me I'll save that money and spend it more for honeymoon or extra money for the wedding just in case. Photography is one of my hobby and editing takes a lot of effort especially if you're ocd with details you'll want them to take as much editing done as possible. Often one day edit you may not get the greatest result & they might miss some details. Plus it can be something to look forward after the wedding. You and now husband can look back and watch it together.
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Same day edit is very personal and makes your wedding that much more intimate, although you have to ask yourself if it’s going to worth it at the end of the day. Your wedding day is going to come and go so quick, maybe start looking at honeymoon vacation/ packages and then weigh your options!
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think a same day edit is cool if the videographer is already offering it, but I wouldn't pay a ton extra for it!!

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save the money for your honeymoon.Nobody will notice and you could always post a video online after as a kind of thank you.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with everyone else. Save that money and put it towards something else. It seems like a lot of money for a short video, while you can save the money and have them take their time to really focus on the moments from the day.

Use that money towards something either for the wedding or the honeymoon!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would skip it. Save that $1500 and put it towards something else. It's definitely a cool concept but it's a lot of money for something that people will only watch once.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would skip it and spend the money elsewhere. Personally I would rather wait for my edits while sitting on a tropical beach so I would put the money towards a honeymoon but it's totally your choice
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would skip it and put money towards something else. If you were to get it you might feel like it was a waste to get same day edit as they might be rushing through to edit it that fast and after wedding your still very busy and might not even bother to look at them right away! Specially if go on a honey moon
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely skip it and save the money or put it towards something else. For me personally I don't think it's worth the extra money especially when there are so much other expenses it can go towards. Goodluck!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is very cute! I will agree with you there! And I can understand the price as it is a lot of work for them to edit it in a short period of time. I would discuss the pros and cons with your fiancé. I do agree it is a lot of money but ultimately it's both of your decision. Good luck with planning! Sounds like a great package.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with the ladies and your fiancé to save your money. It would definitely be nice to see right away but I don’t think there’s a need to rush it for the same day. Smiley smile
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skip the same day edit! my FH and I trust our photographer- and we are NOT rushing him to do same day editing (our photog is a friend of his and doing this as a gift to us).

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah save the money on the same day edit. No need for it right then and there. You'll appreciate it in weeks later when you've come down off the high of the wedding and then you get the excitement of watching it. Plus, it gives them more time to really mine the footage for the best possible edit.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds like a great package! I agree with your fiance: save the money. Your guests will have just experienced the evening, they don't need to see a video of it the same night! I feel like the videos are more special to the couple and those who weren't able to make it. (I've also never been to a wedding where they had a same day edit and never thought it was needed)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics