Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Super July 2018 Ontario

rsvp Follow Up

Courtney, on May 22, 2018 at 16:43 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Our RSVP deadline is coming up on June 1 (which makes me realize how soon the wedding is!) I have about 10 people who I haven't heard back from as of yet.

Do I need to wait until June 2nd to reach out to them? Or would it be polite to reach out now which is about a week and two days in advance to check in with them?

My gut tells me to wait but I just wanna know!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on April 28, 2019 at 10:00
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your deadline is still a month away and nothing to track down guests yet at this time. Give it 3 weeks before sending a friendly email letting the remaining guests to reply for the wedding.

Its the anxious game to know from them all, yet be patient to see if more reply back in time and go from that point. A courtesy reminder would be good to be a way of phrasing so your guests feel they know if they forgot, they can immediately call you or go on the website.

• Amanda
    Curious July 2019 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What did you end up doing? I am having the same issue we sent out 386 invites have just over 120 RSVP and my deadline is in 15 days or so.

I was going to send each a message, "Hi, we see you have not RSVP for the wedding and just wanted to remind you the RSVP deadline is coming up on May 12th. Hope to see you there, here is the link insert link here. "

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I didn't chase anyone in advance. We invited a total of 90 people, and we've had an RSVP back from all but 6 I think. I'll chase them tomorrow.

There were a few people who didn't actually send back their RSVP but just verbally told me they were coming. Annoying as I put stamps on everything but I guess at least I know.

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How did you make out with the remaining RSVP's? Our deadline was today as well and I'm still waiting on 30 out of 100 guests to RSVP..... most of them I know will be coming but common people. 😆
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    10 isn’t too bad! If it makes you feel any better my SILs deadline is about the same time as yours and she’s got like 40 people still who have to RSVP! Crazy!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would like shoot them a text or message just reminding them to have their rsvp in by the 1st.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I say wait until the 2nd. Some people do just wait until the last minute to rsvp—it doesn’t mean they’ve forgotten. If you’re talking to someone anyway, you can mention it but otherwise just wait until the deadline passes.
  • Mélanie
    Beginner June 2019 Quebec
    Mélanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Agreed, do it sooner!
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My Rsvp date is June 11th. I plan on following up with guest who haven’t rsvp’d starting June 12th. You can always follow up with them earlier, but I figure I gave them up until that time, so I won’t ask until the deadline.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would reach out sooner. Then that way it still gives ppl a bit of time to RSVP as some may have forgotten or thought they did RSVP but didn't.

I sent out my invites in March, there was a family get together last month and all I did was touch base with FH's family to ensure they did receive their invites. As from the time of collecting addresses and sending them out some ppl had moved and so forth. All said they had received but just haven't responded yet.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do it now before its too late and you need last minute gifts. The run arounds are the worst and to do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics