Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Frequent user November 2017 Ontario

Roles and responsibilities of wedding party

Chris, on August 19, 2017 at 15:49 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
This is our fist and last wedding. Our bridesmaid was married several times along with the groomsman The bestman and maid of honour are both married.
We asked peoole to be in our wedding party 9 months ago along with our master of ceremonies. They agreed and dresss are bought.
We are less than 3 months to our wedding day.
My friend / neighbour asked the bridesmaid and maid of honour what they were doing for my bridal shower and bachelorette party. They said they were too busy and were not planning on doing anything so she took it upon herself to plan organize and send out invites for the bachelorette herself as she felt I should feel like a bride. We are not having a shower since nobody wants to plan one and I refuse to plan my own shower.
I just received a text from maid of honour saying We are talking about the wedding and We need to know exactly what our roles and responsibilities are so we are clear before we commit to anything.
Can anyone provide a response they have been married and I have not so not sure if there is a detail list is what is required of each role.
Thanks

14 Comments

Latest activity by Angela K., on January 17, 2018 at 13:15
  • Angela K.
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Angela K. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I couldn't agree more...

• C
    Frequent user November 2017 Ontario
    Chris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks i am not too concerned as I have my neighbour planning bachlorette I'm going to get my male colleagues to ensure it's set up. I did an Auto Cad design of the area and tables and who will be sitting where and the ceremony table etc. Since I'll be getting ready I cannot set it up myself in Advance As. I planned everything in detail to the point of actually doing a formal drawing to make it easier there is not much to do but just a little taken back by the specific details.
    I said hold my bouquet while I say the vows, fix my dress , help me pee, best man holds the rings and you both make sure guests are seated and give me green light to walk down the aisle . As I've never been married don't know little details I may have missed make sure hair is fine make up not running boob not popping out of strapless dress lol
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I want to "like" this comment a million times. Lol
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would look online and see average responsibilities to expect for each bridesmaid. I want as little stress on my bridesmaids as possible, should be fun for them too. so will only ask for their advice on certain wedding planning things , choose their bridesmaid dresses and plan bachelorette party. other than that I want to do as much planning with just my sister and I as possible.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh heck, Carol. She should give me the info and I'll have it for her!! That's so disappointing.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I hope someone does. Especially since it's her first, and I'm sure that when her MOH got married she had those things done for her. I just want to go to her and make a big shower for her, let's hope someone does it for her.
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, I did read about the shower and bachelorette. This is her first wedding. Why isn't anybody doing this? I had a shower for my daughter, and then the MIL gave her one too. Giving her MOH a list might help but if she's not willing to do a shower, maybe the mother might step in.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes it is, but her already married MOH (she should know her role already btw) asked her for a list so she can choose what she will take on, and the Bride to be asked the community, so whether its a big or small wedding doesn't matter, these are the traditional roles that the wedding party take on, I also suggested that she Google the question. It's up to here what she puts in the list that the MOH asked her for. You did read that she isn't having a shower because no one is doing it for her, and that the bachelorette is being thrown by a neighbour and not from the MOH or bridal party.
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a very comprehensive list, Carol. Our people won't be many of these items because we just wanted a simple wedding. But people with larger weddings will need all the help they can get, and that's why they have a MOH and Best man.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found a list and had to screenshot it for you. If you can't see these very well, just Google wedding party responsibilities, or Maid of Honour responsibilities, or maybe they can look it up also.

Roles and responsibilities of wedding party - 1

Roles and responsibilities of wedding party - 2

Roles and responsibilities of wedding party - 3
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Agreed! The neighbour sounds on the ball
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes there are detail lists, I will see if I can find one for you. The comment that they made about requesting the list before they commit to anything has rubbed me the wrong way. When you ask someone to stand up for you and they accept, they are also agreeing to all the things that make the months, weeks, and days prior to the wedding fun. The stag and doe, the bridal shower, the bachelorette. They may have had their day already but now it is your turn.
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Bethany. You shouldn't have to spell everything out. Some general guidelines, sure, but the whole point is to remove some work/stress from you so you can enjoy the day.
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my gosh Hahah they are both married so you'd think they'd know exactly what's expected of them. It's pretty obvious a maid of honour plans the bachelorette party. She could have even googled it lol. The maid of honour is suppose to be your number one helper and in charge/delegate the other maids. So she's dropping the call. Fire her and hire ur neighbour who seems to have a clue lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics