Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meryl
Newbie December 2017 British Columbia

Renting vs buying a suit/tux for groom and his party

Meryl, on December 26, 2016 at 23:08 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6
Hi there, I'm just wondering people's experience with renting vs buying the grooms/groomsmen suits or tux? Which way kept the budget down? And any recommendations for renting or buying? Thanks!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 25, 2018 at 08:25
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Renting a suit can start at $200 onwards depending where you are looking. The price of purchasing will run about the same.

My busband needed a suit since he didn't have one.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

To be perfectly honest we have not really compared prices or shopped around very much. My FH is a diva and wants to buy a new suit....only fair since I get a fancy new dress!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Meryl! We priced out both options of renting and buying suits and we decided to buy because FH doesn't have a good suit (his current suit is not even close to his size and fits terribly). But we're not asking our groomsmen to buy their suits.

We found that it would really only be an extra $90 for FH to just buy his suit, so it was worth the money for us.

I suggest pricing out both options and deciding what is best for you. As for the groomsmen, much like you'd do with the bridesmaids, always check with your GMs on what their budget is and maybe see what they'd prefer.

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Meryl! Welcome! We rented my husband's tux from Moores and his Best Man rented his own tux from them as well. (We had a small wedding party.) If we had gone with suits, we might have bought one for my husband because he wears suits to work but I don't think his brother/Best Man would have wanted to buy one.

We were going to rent a little suit for our ring bearer, who was almost 3, but he was too small so we ended up buying one online and it wasn't that expensive. Good luck! Do you know what style you're looking for? How big is your wedding party?

• María
    Featured Valle del Cauca
    María ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Meryl, welcome to WW Canada Community, we are so happy to have you here Smiley heart

We have this article that is goingo to help you through:

How to Save Money on Your Wedding Tux

Usually is cheaper to rent the tux, but you can check it out with our vendors:

Wedding Suits

Men's Grooming

This topics could help your fiance with his wedding outift:

What style of dress will your mom be wearing?

Let us know wht do you decide Smiley smile

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Meryl, for us we wanted to keep cost down and decide to have the groom and the groomsmen party rent their suits. For us it made sense since they will only wear it once and not to have something they might not use again. It is really up to your discretion and how much you wish to spend according to your budget. All the best!Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics