Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Crystal
Curious June 2018 Ontario

Rehearsal Dinner

Crystal, on January 4, 2018 at 13:22 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

My FH and I will be doing a rehearsal dinner after the rehearsal to show our gratitude towards all the people (parents, bridal party etc) who has helped us along the way and who play significant roles in both our lives and our wedding.

I would like to know if it is necessary to invite our bridal parties significant others? I hear that we should as if their significant other play a role in a wedding it usually effects them as well (which I totally get) but does that only apply to engaged/married couples?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Kristine, on January 15, 2018 at 21:06
  • Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think significant others should be invited.

But I guess it does depend on what style of rehearsal you are doing
  • Crystal
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yea, you're right! Our bridal party significant others most likely wont get involved. I think maybe having the people who aren't apart of the bridal party pay for themselves is fine, because you're right, they're getting a free dinner (and more) at the wedding.

• Crystal
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's true! Thanks Holly.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be inviting significant others. Mostly because I won gift certificates to a food truck so it isn't costing us anything! Also, some of the wedding party is from out of town, so I feel bad making one person stay at the hotel by themselves during that time. And, knowing my friends, their SO will pitch and help with some of the tasks we will be assigning the wedding party.

If we were going to a restaurant after or something, I don't think we would have invited others, unless we made it clear we were only paying for the wedding party and significant others would have to buy their own dinner. They're getting a free dinner at the wedding.

My mom made the dinner for my brother's wedding, and so she invited (with permission of the bride and groom) to invite the out-of-towners to the rehearsal dinner, who otherwise would have not been invited.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are considering doing a dinner after the rehearsal too. Since the only ones that will be at the rehearsal will me us, wedding party, and our parents then that is all that will be going to dinner with us. It's also out of town so it's easier to not invite them for us. I don't think it is necessary at all but its all up to you, I think that no one will care since it is a thank you to specific people.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics