Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

Registry issues!!

Stephanie, on December 26, 2017 at 02:24 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Just need to vent a bit. We started our registry and only two things showed up on the list (we had scanned about twenty things). Then, we went back and they couldn't get into our registry. We decided to add things from the website, and they have been discontinued. Fiance receives an e-mail saying we haven't had a consultation when we have.

And, friends are planning a shower for us in January and want our registry info pronto. They were hoping to get Boxing Day deals, but that won't happen now.

Anyway, thanks for reading my rant! I don't like to focus on this type of stuff but find it helps if I write it down!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 4, 2018 at 14:05
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's unfortunate! We also didn't have the greatest experience with our registry. We tried going to our local store and the registry person had just left for the day so we left our name and number with a sales associate who said they would pass it along to the registry person when they were back. After over a week of hearing nothing, we went and registered on their website on our own. We got an e-mail saying "Thanks for registering! we will contact you soon about a consultation with your local registry official". We never heard from anyone so we just picked everything online ourselves which in the end was better as we didn't need to plan time out to go somewhere.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve heard so many stories of frustration when it comes to registering. That’s why my fiancé and I were debating skipping the whole ordeal.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had something similar recently! Which is extremely frustrating.....I honestly don't even want one but apparently it's "necessary"

My registry is on Bed Bath & Beyond......

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They can do either!

You should make an account and play around with it a little. Its very user friendly!

• Crystal
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I see, and the guests have to purchase online and ship to their homes? Or do they go to the store and purchase?

Smiley smile Thnks

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You can download a myregistry attachment on google chrome. It lets you add any page on the internet to the registry!

We have 2 (my FH is American). One for American guests and one for Canadian guests.

• Crystal
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Victoria,

I have my registry appointment next week, before I go I was super interested in myregistry.com since I've heard such good things about it. Have you done it? It seems like only American stores are on the list. Can Canadians use it? Sorry for my 101 questions lol

• Crystal
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh no! That's horrible! What store did you register at? I would try and quickly find another store that will be a bit more organized.

When you went back and they couldn't get your registry did they try and help you figure it out at least? Can you call head office to rectify?

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided to switch stores. It's been a better experience so far! We go back on Saturday to finish (hopefully). The only annoying part was he was trying to get us to register for everything (or more than one of some things!) But, that's a salesperson's job!

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh no! That's beyond annoying, I really hope you can figure something out asap!
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try my registry .com! Can register for anything from any website all online!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics