Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalia
Curious October 2017 Ontario

Registry help!

Natalia, on March 29, 2017 at 15:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

Hey Ladies & Gentleman!

My fiancee and I are looking over our Wedding Registry (the Bay), and I was wondering what are the rules usually for prices?

We have a lot of different products that we love, but I'm afraid that we've put too many expensive things on the registry.. Help! What should we do??

7 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on April 1, 2017 at 11:40
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with all that has been said so far. A variety of gifts at different price points allows people to buy something you want at a price they can afford.

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, definitely do a variety of options at different price points - this way everyone will have something in their budget to gift to you. I know I was concerned with putting expensive items on our registry, but truthfully, these are the things that we need and quite often, people are willing to buy a more expensive gift, especially if they are family, close friends or going in with a group to purchase. Hope this helps!

• Salume
    Frequent user May 2020 Alberta
    Salume ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you sent your invitations out yet? If you really don't need more than what is already on the registry, mention that gift cards are appreciated on your invitations. Maybe add a few low priced items such as coffee mugs. Mugs have a high mortality rate and you can always use some extras Smiley winking
  • Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding once and everything on the registry was too expensive for me, so I just gave them a gift card to the store they were registered at, so they could put it towards getting something they didn't get yet. Maybe money would have been better, but I know that some stores give a discount for buying whatever is left on the registry after the wedding, so I'm sure it went to good use. So I'm of the same opinion as everyone else, make sure there is variety in prices.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were told to put a variety of items, all at different price points and to not be afraid to put things on there that are higher in price just because it is expensive.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Natalia, I'm so happy to read you! Smiley smile You should meet the brides in these discussions, they might also have a few tips for you: Registry priorities

Wedding registry!

What are you including in your registry? Smiley love

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not doing a registry myself, but I think it is a good idea to have multiple items at different price points... That way people can buy what they can afford.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics