Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samtam
VIP November 2016 British Columbia

Registry priorities

Samtam, on November 20, 2016 at 02:07 Posted in Just married 0 11

Registry

Registry

Now that we're married, we've finally opened all of our wedding gifts! We didn't register for a ton of items but we were a little surprised that most of our guests chose to just give us money instead of buying off the registries. (Maybe because it was a destination wedding?) It was very generous but now we have the daunting task of determining what to buy off our registry! Such a difficult decision because do you invest in long term items or just buy the things you immediately need?

What are the "most wanted" items on your registry or what items would you prioritize after the wedding?

We were very excited to receive a Kitchenaid mixer! Can't wait to put that to use! We also received all of our fine china but not the everyday plates and cutlery so I'm trying to decide what we need and what we can live without. (I've been dying to get rid of my husband's plates from college and upgrade!) We could also really use some decent pots and pans but probably can't afford all of them off our registry so we'll just invest in a few key pieces. Luckily Black Friday is coming up so hopefully we can get some good deals!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on November 21, 2016 at 14:29
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats! I would definitely knock off the things you really need and some of the bigger ticket items that might take you ages to save up for. Kitchen aid mixers are awesome, if you are a baker I would go for the professional or at least the artisan models more power is better. I have a classic and I love it but sometimes it is just a little under powered. We will be asking for money for ours and using it towards honeymoon and wedding. Have fun!

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No problem let me know what you think and if you find anything neat !!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I definelty will check it out. Thanks Natasha for your recommendation. Smiley winking
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It has soooo many neat things .. I was like a kid in a candy store ... it was alot of fun.. definatly check it out if you can !!

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have heard good things abou Bed Bathand Beyond. That's a store I got to check out.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am going to register for some attachements for my mixer (best Christmas gift ever!), and a few handy things to help organize our small space. Now that you mention it a set of decent pots and pans might be nice too Smiley smile Our current mix are college leftovers and are pretty sad

We are hoping that they people who prefer a physical gift will choose from these things, but we would prefer monetary gifts to help us move *out* of the small apartment!

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Home outfitters is awesome .. I also love Bed Bath and Beyond! so many neat gadgets !!
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You are welcome. We register at The Bay and Home Outfitters.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you! Where did you two register? I agree that kitchen items are definitely a priority!

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am happy for you SamTam. We did our registry and we made kitchen items are top priority and second was bedroom items.
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I registered for a kitchen aide mixer too Oh I really want one lol ... we didn't register for much either just some upgrades . .. I have a feeling we will be like you aren't the wedding and have some money to spend!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics