Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charlotte
Frequent user August 2018 Ontario

Quick survey: are you using a wedding planner?

Charlotte, on October 4, 2017 at 00:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22
Or did you use a wedding planner
Yes or noThanks guys

22 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on October 13, 2017 at 13:53
  • Ashley
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope, too expensive and my fiance and I agree that I am far too organized for us to need one. We do have day of coordination at our venue though for the wedding

• C
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Christy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No I am not using a planner - to expensive
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do have a wedding planner, and so far it has been the best decision I have made. I work long hours with shift work and my girls do not live close, so for me I felt like I needed the help. I am also a type A personality and there has been no giving up control. I make all the finial decisions, she just makes them happen! I get to do all the fun things while she takes care of the phone calls and people managing.

She has managed to save me money as well. Negotiating with the venue to get me a better price, and since she is known with the vendors I choose, we got a better rate. We are still in the early stages of planning but every time I get stressed out or overwhelmed about something I know she will have my back and I don't have to worry about a thing.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't use one, but we ha a smaller wedding. If we had a larger wedding and a bigger budget, I would have considered it, but we tried to keep things pretty low-key so I ended up coordinating it myself and everything worked out great!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No. I have lots of ideas and I enjoy planning events. Plus, my maid of honour and a bridesmaid are keen to help with the planning process!

• Chanelle
    Frequent user September 2019 British Columbia
    Chanelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Due to budget, no wedding planner. I am hoping to have some sort of day of coordinator there for the big day to ensure everyone is where they’re supposed to be and everything is on time, trying my best to fit that into our budget somewhere!
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thought about it but I opted to do most of it myself. Mostly bc I saved loads and I wanted my own personal touches.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, we are using a wedding planner for day of coordination. I need somebody who can hold down the fort for me as I can get stressed out pretty easily.

• Mzheng
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Mzheng ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't have a wedding planner but based on the comments already, it sounds like a day-of coordinator may be worth it. It is definitely something we will consider! Smiley smile

• Tiffany
    Frequent user September 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We hired a day-of-coordinator (team of 2) for our wedding. She and her assistant pretty much assisted us for the month before the wedding: confirming timelines, vendors, set-up/tear-down, paying vendors on site, point-of-contact etc. It was the best decision I've ever made. I was a DIY bride up (with a Type-A personality)... and near the end of the planning I was so stressed and wanted to to trust a professional to execute my vision. We paid around $1K for her help, and I thought it was well worth it. If I had to go back in time, I would be willing to pay even more. Her help, guidance, and professionalism was superb. I wasn't stressed on my wedding day at all! It may not be in everyone's budget, but I had a banquet hall wedding with 195 guests, so having someone overseeing a mid-large sized wedding was sooooo worth. I would literally go crazy if I had to yell at my friends to set up the wedding to my liking lol No one would enjoy that

• JENNIFER
    Frequent user December 2017 Ontario
    JENNIFER ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are using a day of planner who will touch base with us a month before. My mom offered to pay for it about $800 I think. My fiancé and I have planned our wedding as a total surprise to everyone including the wedding party. The event planner, DJ and our MC’s will be the only ones to know the details. I wanted a planner to help set up decor, manage the day of schedule (including timing for family photos), and intercept any issues on the day. I’m a project manager and will have everything planned out and I plan to hand it over to her and tell her I just want to enjoy my day now it’s up to her to make it happen haha
  • Charlotte
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for providing the company name. I'm gonna contact Ryan . My wedding will be taking place in Peterborough instead of Toronto . This change just occurred a few days ago so I need to find vendors closer to Peterborough to minimize travel fees. Oshawa is very close
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would've loved to have one, especially since we are planning the wedding from a distance (living in Calgary, getting married in Ottawa/Gatineau) - but we are trying to keep the overall costs down, so we won't be going with one.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No I didn't find it worth the money. Too much. And couldn't even imagine paying that price. Even a day of coordination wouldn't be bad but we opted out of that as well.

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren't using one. It's not in the budget and I think things will flow just fine on their own. Our wedding is only 4 hours long. Our DJ is also our MC, he had us fill out a package that lists everything we want to do and at specific times (shoe game, he has a giant dice block that guests roll for a B&G kiss, also songs we do/do not want played). He is attending the rehearsal and just generally taking on a big role and I'm feeling very relieved that he's been so great overall. I think this eliminates our need for a day-of planner. Ryan @ Pump it Entertainment DJ Service (in Oshawa, Ontario).
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did not but I would have loved one, if the budget had allowed I absolutely would have. They take so much stress and uncertainty out of the wedding planning process as well as the day of. They can even help you stay on budget! Here's an article you might like about how wedding planners work with you.

• Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a day-of coordinator that came with the package from our venue. and we also hired someone to setup all the decor. I have been able to stay organized and on top of things myself so I didn't see the need for a wedding planner. I think it depends on how much stuff you have going on, how much time you can really devote to planning and your overall budget. If you can afford it and are super busy and can't really plan it yourself, then hire someone.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ashley I'm with you, I'm too Type "A" to have someone else plan my wedding. I already had a cake lady tell me that i was too goth for picking my colours, can't imagine having someone telling me little things like that all the time haha.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are using a Day of Coordinator who will assist starting 1 month before. She is also our decor person so it worked out for us!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't use one. We did everything ourselves. I find that there is no point in having a person be the go-between and getting second-hand information all the time. Plus they tend to be quite pricey.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, we used one. It made things a lot easier and way less stressful. It was my splurge for our wedding.
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't using a wedding planner because we couldn't find one to fit our budget, but after sitting down with a few of them I took their tips and ideas of staying on track and have used them during my planning process. Plus I also think I am way to type 'A' to have a planner lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics