Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julia
Beginner October 2018 Ontario

Priest suggestions

Julia, on January 7, 2018 at 01:44 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 26
Hello peeps!
Does anybody know a priest that will marry me at a restaurant but do the paperwork to make it look like I got married in a church ? Smiley smile

26 Comments

Latest activity by Jen889, on January 10, 2018 at 15:51
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Church's don't really care anymore if you follow the religion, are married before kids, are part of the church etc. My friend had her baby baptized at a Catholic Church near us in Montreal and she's an unwed single mother. Like all religion, they just want your money really. You might have to make an extra "donation" when having your children baptized.

You no longer have to get married in the church to be part of the church, if you get what i mean. So for future children, they will be perfectly fine.
  • Julia
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you!!!!! Definitely looking into this route 👏🏼
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where I originally started looking before I found the Romanian orthodox priest, I spoke to a Catholic priest who suggested I could get married by an officiant at the ceremony, and then on another day after the wedding to preform the Catholic part of the marriage and then it would be done and he could register the marriage in the Catholic Church. It would cost us a bit more that way because we could have had to pay the officiant and the priest and different times but it was a solution to something that was important to me. something to consider if you need another solution.
  • Julia
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do you know if I’d be able to baptize my future child/children if I did that ?
    I really don’t want my ceremony held at a church so I’m trying to avoid it Smiley sad
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Officiants are not part of the church and could look to get one to come out tp the restaurant. He can get you tp sign without beinf at the church.
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol you have a point there, what's one more lie added to their list 😂
  • Julia
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Right!? So y not help me out and lie one more time Smiley winking
  • Julia
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya it’s a long story. Not really doing this for me but I know. It’s all lies . So y not do one more for me ? Smiley winking (so bad )
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes they are, main reason why I'm not religious..too much lies. But I think it's funny that priests will lie because it goes against the whole "religious morals"
  • Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m dying laughing at everyone’s comments saying priests won’t lie! 😂😂 priests are some of the greasiest most unhonest people in the world! 👌
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Goodluck! 😊
  • Julia
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ll find one. Thanks
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not judging, but if you're to jump to conclusions then okay. Im sorry I couldn't recommend a lying preist. Have nice day sweetheart 😉
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm still a bit confused by this? I mean I totally understand wanting the ceremony and reception in the same spot, we booked a venue that have both in the same place. I just find it hard to believe that a priest would lie on a government document, but I'm not religious so idk lol
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There's more to religion than following sacraments but I won't get into that.

I think it's more about what is included in the ceremony than where the ceremony is held. You can have a religious ceremony not in a church. Are you still going to include the traditional catholic things in your ceremony? If so, I think you will have an easier time finding someone who will do it.

Another thought I had is maybe there is a reception hall that has a church nearby. It won't be the exact same, but if it's close guests could walk there between the ceremony and reception.

• Julia
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I want my future child(ren) to go through the sacraments but really want to be married and eat in the same spot like my sister did. She had a priest do it for her but he passed away. I’ll keep looking .. and find one Smiley winking
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a pastor marry us and we are not getting married in a church. It depends on the denomination and the individual if they will officiate outside a church.

I'm curious though why it matters that the paperwork says you got married in a church.

• Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depends on the priest. If it’s a catholic priest, it is unlikely they can go outside of their venue. If you look for a non denominational priest or pastor then they can do it. On the marriage certificate, it will say your location that the ceremony took place.
  • Julia
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for responding ! I knew a priest who did it for a donation to the church for my sister but he passed away sadly. I will keep searching lol
  • Julia
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for your response Laura. There was a priest in my area who did it for my sister years back but he passed away. I won’t do it in a church .. want it all done in the same place . I’ll keep searching lol
  • Julia
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for your response. My sister got a priest to do it for a donation but he passed away . I’ll keep looking lol
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm Catholic and the priests will not go to a ceremony site. I tried. My fiance is Romanian orthodox, and they will go off site but they have to get permission from the archdiocese.
    And no priest is going to make paperwork look like you were married in a church......that would be lying. Lol Smiley smile
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I believe most prefer to do it in their/your own church. However they may be open to different venues, but I doubt they will lie on paper to say you got married in a church. Is there not a chance you can just get married in your church?
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you talking about a Catholic priest? Unfortunately I don't think that you would be able to find one that would do that. Most of the time, they are very strict about the sacrament. Hope you can find someone though, that would be great for you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics