Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
VIP June 2017 Ontario

Postponing our wedding

Melissa, on February 1, 2017 at 09:25

Posted in Plan a wedding 39

Good morning lovely people of WW! I received some frustrating news about my health earlier this week- I am going to need a pretty big surgery in the next few weeks, that has a very long healing time (up to a year ). During this time I won't be in great condtion for dancing, or drinking, or really...

Good morning lovely people of WW!

I received some frustrating news about my health earlier this week- I am going to need a pretty big surgery in the next few weeks, that has a very long healing time (up to a year Smiley sad ). During this time I won't be in great condtion for dancing, or drinking, or really being very active at all.

Based on this information my Fiance and I have decided to postpone our reception celebration. We are going to go ahead with our ceremony as planned, as this was to be a small private affair in the first place. My dress will need some special alterations to hide some tubes, but because of the pockets it has, I think this will be easy enough. We will enjoy a celebration dinner with our familes and have an early night. We think it would be best to have our reception when I am healed, so we might plan a party-of-the -century style 1 year anniversary party in lieu of our wedding.

I was devestated at first, but I am coming to terms with it, because my health and recovery are #1. It just feels a bit like a ton of bricks at some moments.

I want to give a huge shout out to my FH (who will likely never read this) for being so supportive, as if I needed another reason to marry him! He is already researching ways to help me, and making plans to make this as smooth as possible.

Also a big thank you to SamTam, Valerie and Lisa for being awesome friends and really positive. Having good energy around helps make things look much less dreary!

So there it is! I'm still going to hang around (probably even more when I'm off work recovering!). But I wanted to share a little about my bump in the road.

39 Comments

• L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Melissa!! ❤❤ I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope the surgery goes smoothly and you have a speedy recovery.
    I'm sure your celebration will be even more awesome whenever you get the chance to do it.
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Melissa, I'm so sorry to hear this news. Your health comes 1st and it's better to take care of yourself and having a supportive FH is also great during this time. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Smiley heart
  • Eartha
    Devoted April 2017 Ontario
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear about this Melissa, but health is definitely the most important factor.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Melissa! I am sorry to hear about this but as everyone else said your health is the number 1 factor here! I look forward to hearing about you making a full recovery and hearing all your fun wedding ideas since I always look forward to them! I am here if you need anything! Smiley smile

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are here for you! And keep contributing to this page! You have great ideas and that will keep our spirits up and yours! Your health is number one and you life is the real party, so celebrate that as much as you can! Xoxox
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So Sorry to hear about this Melissa .. I am so happy you have an amazing Fh and a support network behind you ... keep in touch and I wish you a very speedy recovery and I am always here if you ever need anything Smiley heart

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear about this (again) but your health is definitely number 1... and at least you still get to marry FH according to plan (even with minor adjustments).

Always here when you need anything!!Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics