Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
VIP June 2017 Ontario

Postponing our wedding

Melissa, on February 1, 2017 at 09:25 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 39

Good morning lovely people of WW!

I received some frustrating news about my health earlier this week- I am going to need a pretty big surgery in the next few weeks, that has a very long healing time (up to a year Smiley sad ). During this time I won't be in great condtion for dancing, or drinking, or really being very active at all.

Based on this information my Fiance and I have decided to postpone our reception celebration. We are going to go ahead with our ceremony as planned, as this was to be a small private affair in the first place. My dress will need some special alterations to hide some tubes, but because of the pockets it has, I think this will be easy enough. We will enjoy a celebration dinner with our familes and have an early night. We think it would be best to have our reception when I am healed, so we might plan a party-of-the -century style 1 year anniversary party in lieu of our wedding.

I was devestated at first, but I am coming to terms with it, because my health and recovery are #1. It just feels a bit like a ton of bricks at some moments.

I want to give a huge shout out to my FH (who will likely never read this) for being so supportive, as if I needed another reason to marry him! He is already researching ways to help me, and making plans to make this as smooth as possible.

Also a big thank you to SamTam, Valerie and Lisa for being awesome friends and really positive. Having good energy around helps make things look much less dreary!

So there it is! I'm still going to hang around (probably even more when I'm off work recovering!). But I wanted to share a little about my bump in the road.

39 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on February 7, 2017 at 08:50
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So sweet of you Shannon- Thank you Smiley smile

• Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sending love and healing vibes. I hope your recovery goes well and that your 1 year aniversary party is off the charts amazing!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you Corina! All the best with your surgery and recovery as well!

• Corina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Corina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wishing you all the best Melissa! That is nice that you are stil able to do your ceremony! I understand the frustrastions of surgery and recovery and am currently booking a surgery for myself for a few months from now (it is my third surgery for a wrist problem I have).

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're welcome! Definitely keep us posted! Smiley heart

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ya... no, you better be drunk as hell on my free flowing alcohol and in no position to coordinate a thing at my wedding!!!Smiley xd Smiley tongue
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Laura- all of the love on her really does cheer a girl up!

I can't wait to see everyone's weddings and steal all of the brilliant ideas!

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am was bummed too that I cannot make it up... for sure another time !!!Smiley smile

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So sorry to hear about this! Your health is of course number one priority and I hope everything goes smoothly and I am really glad you have a solid support network.

I think it is awesome you will still be able to have an intimate ceremony and you will have time to plan the most amazing party for your anniversary! Plus you will have all of us ginnea pigs to find out what works Smiley smile Smiley heart

Sending you lots of love and well wishes!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Deal!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know Smiley smile But I don't want you to work at it! I want to you get a little boozy and dance! and Eat!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Smiley tongue Fine. I have considered it as a job though!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

NO FRIENDORS! I'm not crazy!

But you can be an honoured guest!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can be your guys' DOC! Smiley winking

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am so OK with letting you be the test run Smiley winking

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well ya it'll be cooler!!! We'll have my wedding as a test run and know what doesn't work (to a certain degree) Smiley tongue

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You are so sweet Em! Thanks for the love- I'll be sure to keep everyone updated as plans evolve.

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your welcome Melissa! I am glad as you have given a lot of good advice!Smiley smile
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you for your kind words and support Salume Smiley smile

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Amanda!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for the positive thoughts! With the extra time to plan the party will be even cooler than my original! (I hope Smiley xd )

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Chelsea! I promise to keep you updated- hoping to get this all over with quickly and be back in planning mode by the time your wedding comes Smiley winking

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Cassandra Smiley smile Keep posting your plans so I can see everything come together Smiley laugh

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks SImone! I will still be around to chip in my two cents for sure!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you Eartha Smiley smile

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Lisa! You won't easily get rid of me Smiley winking

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Natasha!

I was sad to hear you can't make it up this weekend- but maybe we can plan another meetup when you have a little more free time Smiley smile

• Salume
    Frequent user May 2020 Alberta
    Salume ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm sorry to hear you are going through this Melissa. Like you said, health is the top priority and your intimate ceremony and one year anniversary awesome party sound wonderful! Glad to hear you have lots of support and you also have ours! Wishing you a speedy recovery.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery!!!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You better be sticking around lady! Smiley winking I'm so sad that you'll be postponing your reception but I'm glad that you're taking care of yourself and that Gord is so supportive! Clearly a keeper! Smiley love You two are still getting married which is wonderful and I know that you're going to throw one hell of a party once you're better and I think it's smart to plan it for when you can really enjoy it!

We're here for you anytime! Smiley heart

• Cassandra
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am so sorry to hear about this Melissa Smiley sad !

Wishing you a speedy recovery! Smiley heart

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Melissa, I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you awesome lady! You will get through this and I'm super happy to see that you are so well surrounded Smiley heart I am glad to hear that you were still able to adapt your plans around it and I am sure it will make this moment even more special and meaningful for you two. I'm sending lots of love, strength and postive energy! Keep us posted on how everything goes with your wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics