Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

Planning Positivity!

Kelsie, on August 22, 2019 at 11:09

Posted in Plan a wedding 47

Hey everyone! Wedding planning can be extremely daunting, annoying and just downright frustrating at times! I’ve been in a little bit of a slump lately but wanted to spread some positivity and hear about some positivity you all may have as well! The positivity I’m taking as of late is that our...
Hey everyone!

Wedding planning can be extremely daunting, annoying and just downright frustrating at times! I’ve been in a little bit of a slump lately but wanted to spread some positivity and hear about some positivity you all may have as well!

The positivity I’m taking as of late is that our planning is coming to an end! We have rings, honeymoon, guest book and favours and FH and suits left! So soon, we can relax and just wait!

I get to choose my accessories for my dress as well soon, which I’m pretty excited about!

What are some positives you’d like to share? Have you gotten your dress? Written your vows? Chosen your venue and ceremony location?

Lets spread some love and and positive vibes! Don’t let planning get ya down!

47 Comments

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You go girl!! Amazing for staying under budget with some extra to spare!! If you end up having some extra left over will you use it towards anything? Honeymoon? Future trip? Renovations?

That's fantastic your FH is coming home! That must be so hard so kudos to you both!!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I paid the DJ the day of and the rest beforehand as required. Every contract depends on when the payments are due. FH is right about paying in advance if they decide to not show up. Just for safety, take your wedding folder/binder with you.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YAAAAAASS!! Spread that positivity!!!

My positive thinking is that my FH comes home tomorrow!! This last trip was 2 weeks long Smiley atonished

Should be home for good now with the exception of him starting his new job which means more trips but for less time away.

And - I've balanced our budget here on wedding wire and it looks right now that we are juuuuust under our $20,000 budget (this includes future payments to be made) so our overhead of the extra $5,000 has yet to be touched!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s fantastic!! I’m so happy for you both! You’ll have an amazing time wherever you choose, I’m sure!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They had given a few different all inclusive resort options- one was Vandaro, Cuba and think another in Domincan and few other areas. Not sure yet but really excited! My FH has never traveled out of Ontario so this will be huge first trip for him Smiley smile I am going to let him choose since its his first
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is phenomenal!!! Wow, what a special and amazing gift! Do you know where you'll go?

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough go as well - it is definitely tough sometimes with all the opinions, options, naggers, complainers, etc. It seems like you're really pushing through it though which is fantastic!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're definitely ahead of the game and likely don't need to do much else until we are much closer to the wedding. I'm one of those people I can only answer questions about my wedding for so long because I'm not one to be the centre of attention!

Did you pay all of your vendors ahead of your wedding day? I originally wanted to keep paying our vendors down but my FH doesn't want to. He's afraid if we pay them off, they won't show up, or won't do a good job because they already have our money. Do you have any thoughts?!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We really weren’t expecting anything like this as such a huge gift! We can’t afford to go away but thought could do a day trip or something. When they heard they put this together for us!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I actually would love to go to Nashville!! That sounds exciting. All of my friends who have been to Greece love it as well. It sounds like you have a very exciting year ahead!

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Becky, that's amazing! What a kind and generous gift!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love this post! I have been in a tad bad slump but rising out of it. Working on vows, almost done seating chart, still working on songs, completed the insurance and SOP for alcohol, trying on few second dresses this week. Getting closer but feeling better and not so overwhelmed. We also got told a close family friend has paid for us to take a honeymoon. Which we said no too much but they picked out few dates/packages and said we could pick. This is huge for us and means the world

• Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We just booked a mini moon to Nashville for a quick getaway, we're so excited! His daughter is getting married early next year so we waited to find out details before booking anything - hoping to do a Greece trip maybe next fall! Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lisa that is so exciting!!! You must be thrilled!! Are you and your husband doing a honeymoon or mini moon after the wedding to take some time to relax?
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its great news to hear you have most of your TO DO L|ST about done and on track. Take time out to enjoy with each other. Walks in the evening, dining out and laying on the beach looking at the stars is nice to just get away from thoughts of what can be more peaceful than concerns from family and bridal party.

I would say for myself that it was the same as your mentioning and focused on work to know I was making the time to work more during the week for making the payments required to vendors. There wasn't much worries about the planning since it was going smoothly and let out the other ear what wasn't going to stay on thoughts of what can go wrong when not working. Although the online shopping made me feel better to get things for a low price and expecting a fast delivery from amazon site provided on some items.

• Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My planning is all coming to an end in 9 days!!!

I've just finished tweaking my vows, wrapped the wedding party gifts and just have to sign the cards to the wedding party and FH. All that's left after that is making sure everything that needs to get there is packed and ready to go! Yay!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics