Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

Planning Positivity!

Kelsie, on August 22, 2019 at 11:09 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 47
Hey everyone!

Wedding planning can be extremely daunting, annoying and just downright frustrating at times! I’ve been in a little bit of a slump lately but wanted to spread some positivity and hear about some positivity you all may have as well!

The positivity I’m taking as of late is that our planning is coming to an end! We have rings, honeymoon, guest book and favours and FH and suits left! So soon, we can relax and just wait!

I get to choose my accessories for my dress as well soon, which I’m pretty excited about!

What are some positives you’d like to share? Have you gotten your dress? Written your vows? Chosen your venue and ceremony location?

Lets spread some love and and positive vibes! Don’t let planning get ya down!

47 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on August 26, 2019 at 14:23
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got most of our major vendors booked! ive started dress shopping too! i feel in another month or so i wont have anything to do!! im so excited i love all this planning and making lists etc!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re in the home stretch!! That’s so exciting!!!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm less than 2 months now and had a lot of stuff happen within the last week: hair and makeup trials, bridal shower, vendor detail meetings, etc. We're basically waiting for all the RSVPs to come in and then have to do the seating plan!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s amazing!!
  • W
    Curious July 2020 Alberta
    Whovian ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got my ceremony/reception venue,booked a first meeting with the marriage commissioner,got my dress and my MOH’s dress and we are under 1000 dollars!!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You still have tons of time!! I got my dress a year and a half before my wedding
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I haven't even gone dress shopping. Not ready for it lol
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I’m pretty much at a similar stage as you! Venue, caterer, DJ, photographer, dress (picked not bought)! Doing pretty good for just over a year to go... but I’m a major planner anyway haha Smiley xd

• Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love this post!! I’m still in the early planning stages, but most of my wedding party was asked this week!! Small victories Smiley laugh

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WOW that's crazy fast to get them back! And they were amazing - you must be so excited to see what they get from your wedding! I know our photographer has a super busy September so we'll see how speedy he may or may not be... But I'm going to wait for a good Vistaprint sale to get the STDs so there isn't huge rush.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Most vendors I talk to increase prices for the upcoming year in November / December!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for reminding me. I actually didn't even think about pricing going up... makes me feel even better lol
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was looking into an online vendor that a friend of mine used, but I will definitely look into Vistaprint as well! Thanks for the recommendation! I have heard great things about them but have never personally used them.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're seriously ahead of the game Rayanne, that is awesome! You're definitely going to get the best deals booking so early in advance and staying with the 2019, or even 2020, prices.

We locked in our venue and photographer (who are our most expensive vendors) with 2018 pricing, which we were happy about.

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah! Only 42 days away folks! I'm freaking out! In a good way
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your feelings were exactly like mine this spring! Our photos were in May and we got the photos a few days after our photographer took them (which is super speedy fast). So you may not have to wait that long!

Where are you ordering your Save the Dates from?

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my goodness! If you're comfortable, please share some photos once you receive them!

Definitely focus on the positives and try to block the negatives out, although, I know all too well how difficult that is to do.

You have some exciting things coming up! I actually loved dress shopping and I didn't think I would, but it was tiring and I only went to 3 places. We're having our tasting this fall so we have that to look forward to as well!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Doughnuts! Fantastic! Any wedding I've been to, doughnuts have been the biggest hit (especially with the kids).

Amazing you're paying down vendors! It's really a great feeling to check something off the list.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's fantastic Katelyn!! It's really great when you know you are on the same page as your vendors. You must be getting so excited! Your day is approaching so fast!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A honeymoon is still a honeymoon whenever you take it!

At least you got to get out camping a few times and take some time away from all of the planning madness! Your day is coming up so, so, so soon! You must be ecstatic!!

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Honestly, I wanted to send it away for someone to do it. But FH said he could do it as long as I stencil it on the board!
    Have you looked into Vistaprint for this? They just started doing photo books and they are actually not bad prices at all
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have so long to wait that I really haven't started the stressing yet. I did find the main part of my centerpieces from a buy and save. They were so much prettier in person! I haven't gotten any of the things to decorate it yet (it's all too far away and I don't want everything full of dust). I'm just happy I found a venue so I can start the planning. I have a DJ, photographer and venue. Not too horrible for another year and a half to wait. At Christmas I can take advantage of the semi annual sale for my invitations. In the new year I can go back to the venue to fine tune how we want our day. I'll also finally get to go dress shopping next year! Lots to look forward too.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Loving all these positive vibes! I haven't really had a lot to do lately. I'm waiting for our florist to send me a contract & invoice and our engagement photos are in a week. It's been 'hurry up and wait' for the last couple months so I'm excited to get the photos done so I can order our Save the Dates!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I paid for the doughnuts yesterday. So that's one less thing to pay for on the day. pretty pumped about that lol. small victories.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love this! Smiley heart So for us we just had our engagement shoot last weekend and it was a fun experience Smiley smile We are really looking forward to seeing our photos and I think I may have found my makeup artist as she did my engagement shoot makeup and hair and I loved it

Planning is really overwhelming at times, me and FH are trying our best to concentrate and look forward to the exciting parts of it such as booking vendors, going for tastings (FH favourite out of the entire planning lol) and dress shopping! It is both stressful and exciting at the same time. I just usually turn my head to the exciting parts Smiley xd

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s amazing!! I wish I had that creativity and talent.

I ’m trying to find a company that’ll create a photo book of my FH and I so people can pick the picture they want and write a blurb next to it! Oddly enough it’s harder than I thought!
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hear you. Had an absolute meltdown yesterday from stress. But I met with the photographer at the venue with the day of coordinator and it went so well. Literally they both independently said can all brides be like you? Haha. Im feeling less stressed thanks to their feedback. I absolutely adore all my vendors and have made some life long friends because of this.
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are more so personalizing it ourselves. There’s a guy we found who does live edge wood. So we bought a 3 foot piece from him that is all sanded and then we are personalizing it. So I am doing the writing and then FH is using a wood burner to put it in the wood.
    I cant wait to see it done!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Are you making your guest book yourself?! I’m totally lost on where to start with mine!
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yay for all this positivity! I love it! I’m a super organized person so pretty much everything is done and now we just wait!
    I have all my bridesmaids gifts, FH finally decided what he wants to do for the guys. We are doing our guest book this weekend. I’ve done first check in with vendors to make sure my timelines are correct. And now we just wait!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will probably use it towards a honeymoon but that won't be until next year as this year we don't have the time with me taking another course at college. Plus if we keep it in the account then the account is free Smiley tongue We have one of those accounts where there is a minimum amount needed in it at all times in order for it to be a free account.

As for the FH being away all summer - I have never been this happy for summer to be coming to an end!!! I'm sure that next year will be much better and we will get to camp way more than we... I did.. this year Smiley tongue

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We'll definitely keep the binder with us!

The only thing I need to pay in advance is our venue (a week before) and our photo booth (a month before) everything else is day of, which I suppose is safest? I hate owing money to people which is why I just want to pay everyone off but I understand why my FH doesn't want to do it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics