Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia

Planning Milestones - Are you hiring a Videographer?

Michelle, on January 7, 2020 at 09:26 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15

It's wedding "off season" which means it's a great time for planning since vendors have more time to respond to emails!

I've been planning for a while so this time last year I was starting to look at videographers and had one hired by the spring.

Is this an aspect that you have to have? Or will you be skipping the video in favour of looking back at photographs instead?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Miav, on January 8, 2020 at 16:32
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just hired ours! We are having main videographer (10 hrs) and a secondary one (6 hrs) because we love our videos haha. It's a great way to look back on the day Smiley smile

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We hired one and we got a discount through our photo guy. i figure on the day of i wont be able to see everything going on and would want to watch it afterwards.

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did hire one finally in September, but I did a lot of researching and we did have a few meetings before finding the right company. We are excited to have the video footage of our special day and we're lucky to have finally found the right fit for what we're hoping for! And they had a deal going so we've saved about 500 from what it would originally be, so yay!
  • Lauren
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did hire one, yes. I met a videographer at a bridal tradeshow. She seemed really great, and her prices were quite reasonable. Because I met her at a bridal show, I got a $400 discount off her price which really pushed me over the edge. I love the videos I've seen by her. I think that video is a great way to capture a different level of emotion from the big day. BUT I would certainly prioritize photographer and if I could only have one, I would choose photographer for sure!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our photographer also does videography but we only booked her for photos. I just can't picture us sitting down and watching the video more than once or twice.
    I did debate paying extra for drone photos...our photographer of all people talked me out of it as they take a while to set up and she didn't want to waste our time.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We weren't going to but found a pretty good deal from a smaller company so I convinced FH to go for it Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are hiring videographers but only because we got a really great deal as they're experienced videographers but starting their own company (so we will be their first clients basically).

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We skipped the videographer. I had a few people who had it recorded and when I asked they said they hadn't watched it since. So, we figured we would rather spend it on photographers since we can hang photos around our place.

• Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Michelle. If you can afford it, I believe you should do it. I will be. You might regret it in the long run. Better to have it then not! Smiley smile
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Videographers just seemed so expensive for us and it really wasn't completely worth it for us. I'd probably be weirded out by watching myself on video anyway, especially while being so emotional

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wanted to invest in a really good photographer so we didn’t have any to spare for video, but that’s ok. We’d look at the photos more tbh.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got one... but we cheaped out and payed for it Smiley atonished The video is shaky and would have been better done on a phone imo Smiley tongue PAY FOR QUALITY PEOPLE!

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't do videography. Given the small scale of our wedding it just seemed too much. Plus, I don't see us ever watching something like that. Pictures were enough for us!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not going to have a videographer. It isn't very important to me. I dont think it would be something that I would watch. My four year old daughter would love it but I can't justify the cost so she can watch it till i want to scream lol
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Videographer was a must for us to have memories in the long term. The choice after cancelling the first one was a mistake with the second choice due to the result at the end. The professionalism wasn't there and the fact he wasn't prepared for a windy day or mic to attach to the video in some manner to record our wedding ceremony too great.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics