Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bridget
Curious August 2018 Alberta

Photography Time?

Bridget, on February 8, 2018 at 15:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Hello Everyone!

I was wondering how much time everyone was leaving between the ceremony (I'm having a civil ceremony outside) and reception for photography? If I plan the ceremony for 3 pm, will this be enough time for photography?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 12, 2018 at 20:51
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The wedding took place 4 30 and cocktails was 6pm. That left time for pictures inbetween given ample time.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had our ceremony at 4pm and it was about 20-30 minutes tops. Then we had a cocktail hour during which we took most of our photos and had everyone into the barn for dinner around 6. We also snuck out during dinner for some sunset photos and did some in the evening as well by the campfire.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

After a lot of stressing with timing (for no reason according to my FH haha) I have come to a comfortable decision we are giving about 1.5-2 hrs for photos.

The important thing is to give photographers maybe a list of must have photos so they will capture those first and if they have extra time they can capture extra photos. That way you don't have to stress about not getting the photos you want.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning 2.5 hours for photos but that's because we plan to walk a 3.5 km trail and take photos in lots of different spots alongn the trail.

We also are having a 3:00 ceremony but we will be taking all our photos before the ceremony (staring at 12:30) to save time.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're only leaving about an hour for photos.

• Catherine
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Three should definitely be enough time. If you plan to have your ceremony earlier, it might be a good idea to plan for something for your guests to do while you take photos. We’re just setting aside about an hour and a half for photos and having a cocktail hour with food, drinks, live music and lawn games for our guests.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We took photos for juts over an hour after our ceremony. We had a 90 minute cocktail hour for guests and were able to join for a bit before we headed inside for our receiving line. We didn't do a first look and our ceremony & reception were at the same place.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Right now, our ceremony is set for 1 and reception for 5. I'm thinking 2 is a better start time and reception still at 5. We are going to a second location for pictures but it is nearby. And, we aren't doing a first look.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics