Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Expert July 2022 Ontario

Pay a plate for your Vendors?

Amanda, on May 27, 2019 at 14:49 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13

Hi Ladies & Gents,

Question for you... Would we be required to pay for a plate for our Photography & Videography crew as well as our DJ?

I am already paying a hefty amount for pictures, videos & the music, so I don't want to plan on having a plate for them, but I also so no other way as, how are they going to eat throughout the night if I don't feed them?

Any feed back would be lovely!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on May 29, 2019 at 21:48
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fair warning that the reduced price might still be 75% of the original plate (like mine is). I told my FMIL this and she had quite a lot of opinions about how it should be more like $50 versus what we're paying.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone. I will be asking the Venue about the reduced plates for the Vendors as I was never aware we get reduced pricing for them!

Thank you so much everyone! Smiley smile

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its in our contract that we provide them with food Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you have to, whether it’s in their contract or not, just out of deceny. But on the bright side your venue should charge much less for them. We are paying about 150pp and vendors are like 90 I think.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, you should be providing them with food.

its a long day for these vendors (especially photographer and videographer who are with you basically your entire wedding) and they definitely appreciate being fed!
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You definitely should. They are spending their whole day there with you to ensure you have a great wedding. Yes, it all adds up.. but you really should feed them, or at least give them the option. I have asked all my vendors because I don't want to assume and then pay for extra plates that don't get eaten. Their plate should be at a reduced price because there is no alcohol so make sure you keep those numbers separate from your guests. Also, some vendors will put in the contract that you either feed them or they leave for 30 mins to go feed themselves... I don't know about you, but I would much rather dish out the money for dinner than be without a DJ or pictures for 30 mins of my day. Something to think about.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pay for a plate for them. They are people and they will get hungry! Just like most people, they do their best work when they are happy, fed, and rested! Yes, you’re paying a lot but that is for their time and the editing they will do after.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We paid for the plates for our vendors that worked throughout the reception and they all appreciated it so much! They were telling us that sometimes they just have snacks that they have packed because the bride and groom don’t want to feed them and then if it’s a long night they don’t feel good by the end of it cause they didn’t have a good meal.
    We also sat our photographer and videographer at a guest table right in front of the podium and head table so they just set up their tripods and worked while eating so it worked well.
    If you can afford it I think they would be very appreciative and that makes a huge difference in the service you can get from them Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All vendors are required a meal indicated in their contract. I had to do the same and just had the venue plating the main course for the videographer and son/photographer and assistant/DJ. All in whole 5 vendors. They ate before the reception started which was planned so it wasn't taken out of their time to do their work.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow. I didn't know they would offer that. I will definitely ask the Venue!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Tori! I will look into that. I didn't even think of asking them before hand.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Agreed with Tori. Check the contracts.

I know we will be including our DJ. I still have to check with our photographer. But also check with your venue, there may be a discount or lower pricing. Our venue is all inclusive when it comes to the meal, and bar package. So instead of about $115 a person, the vendors only get the menu, which is priced somewhere around $60 per person. So its pretty much half!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Usually they will have it in their contract that you are required to provide them with a meal - but if it isn't then I would either give them the food as their tip, or I would make sure to send an email out to them to let them know if they have access to a fridge or microwave for their supper. Just make sure to check your contracts before sending that out!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics