Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dawn
Frequent user July 2018 Ontario

Paid when booking

Dawn, on August 28, 2017 at 10:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Has anyone paid a vendor in full when you booked and then have them ask for another payment when

15 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 4, 2018 at 09:01
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Full payments i have not heard of. Only deposits that are required for booking. I made notes of the amount and initials from the vendor to know what has been paid so far for my records.
  • Dawn
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you all for your advice. I sent them my receipts and they corrected their recorD's. It was an intereal miscommunication. They had one thing in the book and another on their computer records. It is all fixed now and I'm back on track for my ceremony!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't had a vendor ask me to pay in full so far. I would just show them your receipts or proof of payment and then see what happens. You should be ok as long as you have records.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely send them proof of payment and check that you're all set! I wonder if they forgot you already paid and this is just their regularly scheduled "payment due soon" outreach?

• Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If it is a vendor that has a few people working for them, it might just be an internal miscommunication. I would suspect there is a possibility the person asking you for another payment just isn't aware that you have paid the balance already. Especially if they aren't used to people paying the full amount upfront. If you have your receipt of payment, I would just reply to them with the receipt attached and say the balance has been paid already.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What do they say when u show them receipts? They're prob not used to ppl paying in full lol
  • Samantha
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours asked for $2000 which was 25% percent when booking the date
  • Dawn
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They wanted a 50% deposit which I paid to ensure our date and time. I then paid the rest when I could so I wouldn't have to worry about the ceremony fiances anymore because it was already dealt with. I got an email as we were corresponding for the music and rentals saying that I hadn't paid yet. this really rattled me because I knew that I had.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No, our venue just wanted a deposit of $500.00.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The hall where I am having my stag and doe insisted on 90% to book it. I asked if they were nuts that we hadn't even sold tickets yet. So I paid it, or we wouldnt have gotten it, have all receipts. But it really threw me off. All is good we sold the tickets and ingot that money back in the bank. Other then that I've never been asked for more from any vendor especially if it's been paid.
  • Dawn
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What if they just didn't process the first payment properly? Could that be a reason? I have all my receipts so I can prove I paid already.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you paid it in full, then they shouldn't be asking you for any other payments!

• Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No vendor should ask you to pay in full. It will only be deposits until the work is done, then you will pay the remainder usually in the day.
    Some venues will ask fir the remainder 2 weeks before the wedding date. Please protect yourself by only paying deposits Smiley smile
  • Dawn
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They asked for a deposit, but I could pay in full because that's how I budgeted for this vendor as it was for our ceremony site and that was my most important thing for our wedding.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have never had a vendor ask me to pay in full when we have booked. Only deposits.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics