Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natasha
Devoted June 2019 Ontario

Outdoor wedding?

Natasha, on March 3, 2018 at 18:15 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone has had or been to an outdoor wedding in Ontario Canada (toronto) in Mid month of June? How was the weather???? Did it rain. I am considering having an outdoor wedding but I’m worried about weather in MID JUNE. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Breanne, on March 7, 2018 at 11:26
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Natasha,

Honestly I think it's hard to depend on the weather anymore - it rained 23 out of 31 days in July in Ottawa last year. So I say, if you want an outdoor wedding - make it happen and just have a back up as the rest of the ladies said.

A backup could even be having a large tent for the dinner portion with a dancefloor etc and should it rain, getting married in the tent and everyone can sit at their tables.

From what I hear most things are pretty expensive in Toronto regardless of indoor or outdoor, so I would say price things out (renting the tent, chairs, port-a-potties, all dishware, catering etc) and see if an outdoor wedding fits in your budget - hopefully you can make it happen Smiley shame

• Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you everyone for your input! I have a lot to consider. The backup plan is to have it in my hall which I am not very fond of so...
    thanks again.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Any outdoor wedding, no matter the time of year, should have a backup plan just in case. I would totally do it though Smiley smile

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to one where it rained, the couple had a back up plan in case this happened but they delayed the ceremony start time by 20 mins and thankfully the rain stopped and they just dried off the chairs that got rained on. It was beautiful after that Smiley smile

I think as long as you have a plan B it should work out

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are curious about the whether in any location for an outdoor wedding, google the average weather forcast for that area. There should be a good resource that would say the average rainfall and temperatures for that wedding. Smiley smile

This site might have your city already on it, try here!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What venue were you thinking of? June should be hot and hopefully not rainy ☺️
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its a great time for outdoor wedding. Just keeo an eye out for the weather though. If its at a venue, get a back up room in case.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

June is a pretty good month. Warm but not too hot, probably not too humid yet. Rain is always a possibility in any summer month. Ask what the venue does in case of rain or if you can hold the ceremony in the reception space in case of rain.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

June is generally pretty warm in Toronto, and you are bound to have pretty warm weather.

It's not a "rainy season" in June, but it can still certainly rain at anytime.

If you want to go with an outdoor wedding, just speak with the venue you choose about their contingency plan in case of rain, and make sure you are alright with that option before proceeding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics