Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Abbie
Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia

Outdoor ceremony - no music?

Abbie, on July 27, 2021 at 07:36 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 33
Hi all! So our wedding is out in a wooded area on a golf course so there isn’t anywhere to hook up music for the procession. The venue said some people hire acoustic players but that’s not really in the budget...Do you think it would be too weird to not have any music? I love music and was getting creative with songs for the ceremony but I’m also not opposed to not having any for the ceremony if we’re in nature.

33 Comments

Latest activity by Shelly, on August 12, 2021 at 06:53
  • Shelly
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Abbie

Our wedding is also in a wooded area with no access to hydro. So we purchased a bluetooth speaker (good quality) and put our wedding ceremony music on a phone. We already tested it for sound and it works great.

• Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would check into a small speaker (maybe your DJ for the reception even has one they can have you use during the ceremony?). Our ceremony location is similar (no electric, and in the forest) but I think we will somehow have music either by bluetooth or portable speaker

• Loralli23
    Newbie August 2021 California
    Loralli23 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha that would be awesome!

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahahahaha!
    That would definitely be an interesting one, an out of the norm idea 💡. Hahahaha!

Yes, wishing you all the best in your continued planning for that special day!
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha could you imagine? Not only are you invited to a wedding, but also an impromptu acapella ensemble! 😁

I think the portable speaker sounds like the way to go! ☺️
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw - thank you so much! ☺️
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Abbie,
    We don’t have a DJ for our wedding, however, my fiancé’s cousin will play music for us. We’re creating a playlist on Apple Music, we will hook it up to a speaker to play music. Since you like music, I think that you should add it. If you’re not able to, it would definitely not be weird.

Have all your guests learn the song and the officiant have them start singing as you walk out. Hahaha
    But I think looking into a portable speaking (seeing if any of your family or friends have one) that can hook up to a phone and playlist, have a friend or family click the button and down the aisle you go!!!!
  • Karen
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Abbie,

Honestly, no matter what you decide to do, it will be perfect!

Because in the end, it's really about you and who you're marrying.

You'll make your own music.

Good Luck Sunshine, don't sweat the little stuff, enjoy YOUR DAY!

• Cavelle
    Newbie November 2022 British Columbia
    Cavelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha that would be awesome!

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We don’t have a DJ unfortunately but thank you for the suggestion!
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I have a whole BOOK about which traditions are sexist and classist etc etc 😅😅
  • Cheyenne
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Cheyenne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Could the DJ from your reception set something wireless up for you?

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m also just kind of anti-traditional wedding in general and wanted mine to be as unweddingy as possible lol! It definitely might not be for everyone! But for a smaller outdoor ceremony, especially if it’s shorter, I don’t think music is as crucial.
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! Smiley smile
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is true! Music sets the stage but could also make it feel staged!
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Both my brothers play guitar but of course they’ll be standing up with me! Maybe they can strum the guitar and then casually toss it over their shoulder when we start the ceremony 😆
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Cavelle
    Newbie November 2022 British Columbia
    Cavelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have any musicians in the family? maybe have your guests sing you down the isle lol.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have any music but our wedding was only 10 people total due to covid restrictions at the time. I didn't find it weird not having music at all - if anything I liked it more without because it felt less like a show/performance. Maybe it would have been weird if we had more people, but who knows lol?

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There’s small speaker systems that you can get on Amazon for example I would look into one of those 🙂
  • Karen
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Folks!

We are REMOTE FOR EVERYTHING...

We purchased a Large Speaker - it's no small item, this puppy is a good size - but the capabilities are amazing!

BUT it is waterproof, and VERY portable. Can be synced to anything, comes with it's own light show built in. AND thankfully wheels & a handle!!!

It does require some kind of power but...TAH DAH ... we have a top grade, portable high voltage YAMAHA quite run generator-we do off grid and farm so having a secure source of power at anytime is pretty much a requirement.

This speaker has proven to be worth it's weight in gold...It's not only a Speaker & Portable Light Show but an all round Portable PA System. We got this thing for a literal STEAL!

So this is our Speaker, PA System for the full day...it will be sitting at the beaches edge - probably in the water for the Wedding, my Brother has written my intro music - it will be either LIVE IF ZOOM is good OR MP3 recorded along with the readings IF NOT and broad cast through the PA/SPEAKER ... we have selected about an hours worth of Music for folks to enjoy on the Beach while they wait for the festivities to begin, moved up to the Green Space for the Dinner - we have a live Musician for this part of the day - so if there are issues he can go Acoustic OR through the Speaker/PA...It will than move to a BIGGER Green Space for the Reception and FULL ON Party in the later evening, and for the Light Lunch the next day - it will again be used and enjoyed....A Well thought out Purchase that is proving to be INVALUABLE since we actually bought it!

Now that I've said all of this,it is not intended to brag, boast...BUT IF you can purchase some kind of a Speaker/PA, it is something that you will continue to use and enjoy going forward. This too is one of those things that will become one of those ... SO GLAD we did that things that will most likely outlive it's actual intended purchase...

The great thing is, these give you the ability to adjust your music, softer OR louder depending on your Venue and Circumstances!

The thing to remember, it's NOT how much you spend, keeping in mind what you can afford but the fact that the day of ... the day before - YOU DON"T GO - I WISH I HAD...

Make your day as much about what you can do, and financially afford ... than what you wish you could have done.

Lord knows, you don't think this about your better half, why would you want to do it about everything else that is IMPORTANT TO YOU...

K

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a very good point! Thank you!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    None at all🙂 granted we were in a backyard though, so it's not like we were out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by tall trees lol. So if Bluetooth/Spotify is a way that you'd like to go I definitely recommend trying it out at your location if you can beforehand just to make sure it will work for you in your space.
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I believe they close the first two holes for weddings so we should be good ☺️
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh interesting! I would have worried there would be connection issues with Spotify but sounds like there wasn’t an issue! Smiley smile
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m glad to hear it worked so well for you! Smiley smile
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s really helpful feedback - thank you! I’ll look into portable speakers Smiley smile
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that’s good to hear!! Sounds like it’s worth exploring the portable speaker option!
  • Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friends wedding was this past Friday and they had the same issue! They ended up just using a good small speaker and having her cousin who was sitting near the back control it. It actually worked really well!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Music is fine to play through Bluetooth to have something to walk down. If the golf course is near the actual people playing and it would bother them, then its understandable to have it quiet for their focus. You two deserve to have what you want however you choose since its a special day to celebrate.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had an outdoor wedding too, and we just hooked up our Bluetooth speakers to my phone and played the music through that on Spotify and it worked perfectly.
  • Clauds
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Clauds ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered a wireless bluetooth speaker off amazon when I had my covid ceremony last year. It was cheap and good quality. I still use it now when watching shows on my laptop Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics