Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie January 2019 British Columbia

Ordering Final Sale Dress from David's Bridal

Alisha, on February 23, 2018 at 19:27 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 4

Hi guys, I found my dream dress online at David's Bridal, but it is final sale and the website says that the dress runs small. I called the store, they don't carry the dress in store but have similar silhouettes. I will have to hope that I order the right size. I saw a woman reviewed the dress and she's the same height as me, ordered a size 6 and she looks curvier than me so I feel like the 6 will fit me but still hesitant. I am going for my first wedding dress shopping trip this Sunday (boyfriend hasn't even proposed yet - soon! but need to get the ball rolling since we want to get married in October).

Anyone have experience ordering their dress that was final sale and were unable to try it on first? Tips?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on February 26, 2018 at 14:50
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with Stephanie! When it doubt order on the large size so it's easier to alter!

• Katherine
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Any suggestions on what to wear for a second wedding? Do I wear a traditional dress or is this taboo?

• Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great advice from Stephanie ! I would say order larger than you may think rather than smaller. Always easier to take in than to let out !Smiley smile
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend ordered her bridesmaids dress that was being discontinued. She got measured so she knew what size to order. You can have the sales consultant measure you so you know what size. If you go to David's Bridal, the sizing will be the same in store and online. If it's too small, you can take the seams out it's just not as easy. Or, you could change it to a corset back if it isn't already.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics