Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Devoted June 2019 Ontario

One wedding photographer or two?

JuneBride, on April 24, 2018 at 16:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22
We are trying to decide if we should stick to the package we want or if its worth getting a second photographer? I'm wondering if anyone on here decided to get a second photographer? What made you decided to get a second one or decide to stick with one?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Madge, on April 29, 2018 at 23:22
  • Madge
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Madge ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m having only 70 guests but the package I wanted had the 12 hours I needed but 2 photographers which I didn’t need. Over 100 people then sure 2 photographers is great but even after speaking with the photographer she said that with my guest size I definitely don’t need 2 if I didn’t want it.

I guess I’m the only one excited to cut out an extra photographer lol. However this made my package way cheaper and (bonus) I only have to pay for 1 vendor meal.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got 2 photpgraphers for the price we paid. It depends on the person you deal with and if they will bring a back up for the price included.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a second photographer for the ceremony. This ensures that no moments go unmissed. I mostly wanted this because I want a photo of me and my dad walking down the aisle but also my fiance's reaction to me too.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got a second photographer, but just for the ceremony. We didn’t want any important moment missed, especially since you don’t get a “do-over”. So he will only be with us for about an hour or two. Then we just have our main photographer for family pictures and bridal party photos and whatnot.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our package came with two photographers, and I’m really glad. I think we’ll be able to capture so many beautiful candid moments with two photographers rather than one.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm fortunate that my package comes with 2 photographers. I personally like having 2 just because you can get photos done quicker (one photog taking couple photos, one taking the bridal party etc).
    The deciding factor for me would be cost. so if its not a bad price or you can get the 2nd shooter for part of the day.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our photographer said he may have a student readily available who wants to learn. So, we will likely have 2 for the price of one!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never thought of getting two. Now after reading Everyone’s responses I will definitely add the second photographer to the bundle!
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! I was actually a bit worried about it to start (it feels very over the top and a bit self-centred) but I'm sure people will WANT to see it. The ceremony site and the ceremony itself are going to be very different and I feel that most of my family will be sad that they DON'T get to be at the ceremony, so this was my way around that!
  • J
    JuneBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a good idea.

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was actually just that the package we're going with came with two. They're not specifically wedding videographers, though they have done weddings before. The photgrapher is also from a separate company, otherwise I might have wanted a second. I'm very happy with both vendors, though. Their work is phenomenal!

We have a small site for the ceremony so it will be private. The plan is to have it videoed, edited on-site, and then played back later during the reception so that everyone who couldn't come can see it. Having two videographers means that we'll get all the best angles and shots.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have one for 8 hours and a second photographer for 4 of those 8 hours. We decided to go with a second one for various reasons, mainly to capture all angles of the ceremony (me walking down the aisle, my FH's reaction, our guests reactions, etc.).

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had 2 photographers so that they could divide and conquer. We also liked that they both have their own style for photos and we would have lots to choose from.

• J
    JuneBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    One photographer and two videographers, never thought about that. What made you decided to go with two videographers?

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm having one photographer and two videographers. I don't need a ton of people tripping all over each other and disrupting the service. It's more important to me that we get video of the ceremony than pictures. Post-ceremony will be just pictures.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm hoping to do 2 photographers and 1 videographer.

Agreed capturing different angles is good! Also I worry that just 1 photographer could risk missing moments? I know they are VERY attentive but it's just a... what if for me?

I also plan on doing an I Smiley heart SPY game with the guests so I am encouraging they take LOTS of photos too!

I will have a hashtag and a snapchat filter on the day set up like I want EVERY photo hahah!

• Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our package comes with one photographer for the whole day, and one half day. We liked the idea so we could have one capture the girls getting ready, and one with the boys. Then during the ceremony they can capture shots from different angles.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm only having one photographer, due to budget, and the size of the wedding. We will have about 100 people, and we are doing first look photos.

If your second photographer price isn't that high, you might as well do it. The cheapest second photographer option I've seen is $800.

It would also depend on the size of your guest list and your venue.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted two photographers! For me, it was important to have 2 for the ceremony. We are not doing a first look, so I wanted one camera on my fiance to get his reaction and one on me to get mine. I also wanted getting ready photos of the guys and the girls, and we are not getting ready in the same location. The formal shots, one photographer is good for those, but I also wanted casual shots of my guests so felt two photographers would be better, rather than having the photographer split time between us and guests.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah might as well for two more hours! I would say a second shooter is good to have in case something happens to your photographer always good to have a back up plan! Also there’s a lot going on so they will make sure to get things your photographer might miss. I wouldn’t say it’s necessary but I really like
    the idea of two vs one. I’m sure my fiancé would disagree and say to save the money though lol
  • J
    JuneBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The package we like has 10 hours of wedding day coverage and engagement photo session for $2,400 and if we want to add an assistant photographer then its $500. I'm thinking if it's worth a second photographer then we might as well go with another studio who is offering 12 hours of wedding day coverage, engagement photo session and a second photographer for $3,100.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our packages both included two photographers so we didn’t have to choose but I think it would come down to the price difference for me. We’re also having videography so if we didn’t have that I’d probably want two photographers since we’re having a big wedding and I love candid photos. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics