Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

One venue or two?

Lynnie, on September 25, 2017 at 15:13 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Do you have one venue or two? Is your ceremony at a different location? What were your personal pros and cons that helped you decide on how many venues??

Photo by Jay Li Photography

Photo by Jay Li Photography in Toronto

The Permanent

The Permanent in Vancouver

Other venue discussions to check out: Important Questions to Ask Your Venue , How many venues did you visit? , and 4 key questions to find the perfect venue !

11 Comments

Latest activity by Chloe, on September 29, 2017 at 12:37
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have one venue! We're getting married at a camp and they have a chapel area and a dining hall, so we can have the whole wedding there!
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did two venues because it was important for me to get married in the church I attended while growing up. To keep things convenient we provided transportation for our guests form the hotel, to the church, to the reception venue, and back to the hotel.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have one venue. It is a family property that is a little tucked away out in the country so we are doing everything there.

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have one venue and they have been so great so far! They make all the food in house and are very flexible with details. I am looking forward to our tasting and customizing our menu!

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had our ceremony by a lake then dinner at a restaurant.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had our ceremony at our church, and then we wanted a fun reception and so we had a banquet hall!
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wanted everything in one place for convenience. We are lucky to have gotten our dream venue. They make all their food from scratch, the ceremony site is outdoors in the garden and the reception is inside the Inn. They also have a spa onsite for makeup and nails and even a cafe. They also have rooms so our guests are able to sleep there after the reception. It was exactly what we wanted
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did two venues- the ceremony was at the hotel we were staying at and then the reception was at a restaurant that was within walking distance. If they weren't within walking distance of each other, we wouldn't have considered doing separate venues because it was a destination wedding and we didn't want our guests to have to rent a car or pay for taxis.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We originally wanted just one venue for convenience sake (my fiances moms backyard)... But when my fiance suggested that we do our ceremony at the local park i just couldnt say no. It adds a couple hundred dollars to our cost and makes for more planning, but it is so beautiful there and we as a couple had spent so much time in the park that it just felt right.
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose one venue so our guests didn’t have to travel from place to place. We are having a gap between ceremony and reception. So we’re are going to have snacks and non alcoholic drinks available until cocktail hour starts.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have one venue but there's kinda two locations. The ceremony is inside an historic fort wall and the reception is about a 5-7 minute walk outside of the fort.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics