Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Veronica
Super October 2021 Alberta

One Door Closes...

Veronica, on July 6, 2020 at 18:11 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22

Hello WW Friends!

So today we officially postponed our wedding from October 11, 2020 to October 10, 2021. As I mentioned in my recent post there were just too many restrictions outlined by our venue and the stress of waiting to see what happens was getting to me. Once I saw on paper with our pandemic wedding would be, I knew I would be happier in the end postponing.

Thankfully, all our vendors had put next years date on hold for us and so far it has been an easy switch over! Super appreciative of our vendor team. Our call with our venue coordinator today was so comforting as well. She was so sympathetic and understanding, and she even said that it would be better to postpone and have our dream wedding. So I felt good about that - if the venue is saying we don't need your money this year, do what is better for you, then it feels like a good call!

My heart goes out to all of us COVID brides who have had to postpone, as well as all the brides having their weddings this year - I am so glad for you and hope its still the day you dreamed about. Guess I will be sticking around WW quite a bit longer Smiley winking

So onto the title of this chat...the door for our wedding may have temporarily been closed for this year BUT another one opened as we bought our first home this weekend! We are so excited to have taken this step together and can't wait for our September move in day!

22 Comments

Latest activity by Veronica, on July 9, 2020 at 16:51
  • Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes exactly Sarah! I am a firm believer in everything happening for a reason Smiley smile
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats on your new home! We postponed our wedding too and our new plan seems be even better than before Smiley smile everything happens for reason!
  • Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much, appreciate that!

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks very much! Postponement has been well so far.

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agreed! This is a great silver lining, as much as covid has put a damper on this year.

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!!!!!!

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! I totally agree. I feel so much more relieved now - and feel like I can enjoy my summer again.

Thank you!

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much!

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh glad to hear that! And thank you, the ultimate retail therapy certainly helps Smiley tongue Next year will be so good!

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks very much, yes its so nice that its been smooth. Has made the process so much easier.

• Nicole
    Beginner May 2021 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am sorry to hear about the wedding, and congratulations on the house!!!!!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm glad to hear your good news on the postponement along with your vendor team working towards your new date. The venue is amazing to switch the date without any issues.

Congrats on the house for this year. Always something to look forward to when one door closes and another opens.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Though it sucks to see many affected negatively by covid (wedding related or not), it's always nice to see some silver linings in the mix.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations on becoming home owners!!

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yay congrats on your home!!!!

I agree- do what you feel is right. As much as it sucked initially when we moved our date, I feel a sense of relief as well.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations to the new home owners!
  • Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your new home. What an exciting time for you amidst the feelings of having to postpone your wedding. I am so glad that your venue was so helpful and understanding. Ours was as well which made postponing our July 31, 2020 wedding easier and less stressful. Smiley smile

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!! Home ownership. That's huge! And I'm so glad to hear it's been a smooth transition to your new date.

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! We seriously cannot wait. Going to love every square inch of that apartment.

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much!

Yes we are just sorting through all the required documents, jeez haha!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So sorry that you've had to postpone until next year! But congrats on the new home! My fiance and I bought our first home last August! It's literally the best experience!!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!! FH and I bought our first home in January and moved in this past May.

It’s the greatest experience ever (less the mortgage lender digging into your life LOL) - so excited for you!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics