Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tunisha
Super October 2021 Ontario

October 2021 Brides - All Rise!

Tunisha, on June 25, 2021 at 14:45 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 37

So a ladies and gentlemen,

October is quickly approaching. It’s 97 days till October 1st, 2021! How exciting eh… 😁 I cannot believe it’s less than 100 days till that month!

So October brides, how are you feeling about your wedding month or date in October? Also, did you have to move previous date to October instead?

37 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on July 1, 2021 at 11:21
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very clever. I have a friend that did that with her social media too. 😂 Was so funny! Chat there!! 😁
  • Bailey
    Curious October 2021 Alberta
    Bailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Girl ! My insta is Yeliabx (name spelt backwards original) 😂 we can chat on there ! Smiley smile
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhhhhh yeah. That’s great for them but sad that it’s impossible to not be there for your day.

I know right; I don’t know what I’ll do if it’s my time and that close. Hahaha! It should be great though! Hahaha
    We can be pals on here guuurl. If you want to text me personally or reach out, don’t ever hesitate to do so or ask questions! 😁💕
  • Bailey
    Bailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My best friend is single and just bought a house on her own , and my other is a single mom of 2 who just bought a house hence why it’ll be impossible !

Eeek 9 days ! I can’t imagine being that close to the date , I feel like I’d be an anxious wreck that close
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no!!!! Sorry to hear about that girl! You weren’t able to get a hold from anyone on admin to get you to reactive it? 😭

Sorry to hear that, that’s really a challenge. These friends now where you are, are they married or not planning on it?
    Yeah, we just started off talking since she wanted to vent. So, I reached out to her and asked if she wanted to text. So we switched numbers and listened to her vent. It’s really good!! Her wedding is in like 9 days. Hahahaha!
  • Bailey
    Bailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m never on here enough I feel ! I had another account I deactivated because covid had me down and I tried re activating it and it wouldn’t let me ! There fore I had lost contact !
    A lot of my gal pals are in Newfoundland where I’m from and cannot make it to the wedding even due to finances so it’s been a bit of a struggle to be honest as my friends here are older and the ship of marriage has sailed for them lol !
    That is wonderful I’m so happy you have connected with someone you can share ideas with etc !
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahhahaha. Thanks for thinking so. 💕. I love to be organized and plan. Right now I am having a symptom of Covid-blocking. 😂😂

Good question! I am currently talking to a bride offline from here via WhatsApp. Its nice having that friendship form here. What about you??
  • Bailey
    Bailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Girl you would honestly be the best planning buddy 😂 !
    Are you close to anyone from here ? Made any good friend ships ?!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahahahahah! Oh yeah, I’ve been behind for a while now. We had confirmation from our venue with a date about two weeks ago. Hahahah. My fiancé and I had so many plans for how our wedding was going to be. So now that we have a final plan, it’s just going ahead to complete all the tasks and get it going.

Covid just made me freeze up and not want to leave my house to do anything. But once I am out the house, I’m good to keep going!
    Ah that’s great! Not too bad at all. Hahahah! Need to get my ish together. Thank you Bailey! 🙏🏾💕🥂You will do great too and have everything in motion.
  • Bailey
    Bailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Girl Omf Hahahha
    I thought I was behind :p
    I need to make more DIY pieces this month too ! And get alterations done on my dress , and just write up a seating arrangement chart ,Girl hang in there you’ll do fine !!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah that’s fantastic!!
    😂😂 Oh no, don’t loose your marbles! 😂😂
    I don’t have much as yet. I’m planning to start on some DIY projects for table decorations and welcome tables. I keep procrastinating 😭. I have yet to get my dress, the bridesmaid have yet to get their dresses (was a drama session 😅), I have to get my accessories and the list goes on. I am hoping that in this month, planning will be great! Wish me luck. Hahaha
  • Bailey
    Bailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Almost everything is ready I am slowly loosing my marbles ! Lol what about you ?!?
    It is most definitely very exciting for sure !
    It’s scary sometimes how fast the time flies
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yeah, makes sense!!

I hope you get your ideal number and it working great for you Bailey! It’s so exciting that we’re in July already. Just counting down the numbers for October!
    You have everything set and ready for the day or a few more things to finalize?
  • Bailey
    Bailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don’t even know like 50 people in Alberta so like it’s a huge huge huge amount of people and will be pure anxiety !

70 is the ideal number
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    190 guests eh. I wish you all the best on the guest lists and their attendance. We have 70 people and our venue only holds 70 actually, hahaha.
  • Bailey
    Bailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We estimated 70, now have 190 guests who have RSVP’D
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yaaaaaaayy! 👏🏾 🎉🥂
    I know, Covid is just like an unwanted guest! Hahaha! How many guests are you planning to have?
  • Bailey
    Bailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    114 days ! Currently scared covid will flare up again and I’ll have to cancel but hoping for the best !!
  • Gift
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yaaay fellow October 2 bride here and I love your optimistic energy! Amazing! It’s definitely gonna be awesome regardless. Goodluck on your special day 🥰
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yaaaaaayy Kristen!!
    So exciting, you’ve been waiting long enough and I’m happy that it’s up very soon!!

I totally understand you, our venue can only hold 70 people indoors. And we have about 68 or so people on our list. So imagine the restrictions on how many can hold. 🤦🏽‍♀️ I really hope that it works out for us all in October!!
    Wishing you all the best to you and your SO Kristen!! 💕🥂🎉
  • Kristen
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m October 2nd over here !! 🙋‍♀️ Feeling excited - only 94 days to go ! We were originally October 3, 2020 so it feels like it’s been a loooong wait so I’m happy it’s finally happening and things are looking good in terms of the pandemic. The most annoying thing is just not being sure how many people we can have. Ours is indoors so here in Ontario we’ll probably be at least stage 3 by then so that means about 50 people. We have about 115 we would like to come though and I have no idea what happens after stage 3 in terms of restrictions so still watching and waiting for news on that. Overall im feeling optimistic for sure and know the day will be wonderful no matter what restrictions are in place ☺️
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yesssss! 😁

Oh yes, they would be great to get there. Especially depending on the capacity of the venue too! Wishing you all the best in that plan.
    Thank you and happy planning to you as well Sheena!! Cheers 🥂
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ohhhhh yaaaay! Same day Meghan!

Oh yes, I am really hoping that it does. My fiancé is very optimistic that is will be better in the Fall. So at least we will have about 60-66 guests at the wedding. We had to notify the guests about date and venue updates due to Covid.

I actually had to sent them messages personally and added some information on my website on wedding blog.

This was a message I sent…

“Unfortunately, we have to change the venue capacity for our wedding due to Covid. Please keep an eye out on our website for the latest update (wedding website). We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.”

Information on website since we’re looking into virtual option as well..

“Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we were forced to change both the date and venue for our wedding. Unfortunately, we won’t be allowed to host everyone to our big day. We are currently reviewing the option of adding a virtual celebration. We would have loved to have everyone we love present, in person, but would still value your attendance once this plan is finalized. We apologize, again, for this change in plans.”

This gives them some idea, because it is tough and they should definitely be understanding.

• S
    Newbie October 2021 Quebec
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Date twins!

We're hoping for 130, but of course that all depends on the situation... things are looking up in Montreal but you never know :/

Happy planning!

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    October 16th over here! We're in Montréal and finding it hard, we're fielding a lotttttt of questions from eager guests about attendance. As of today, we'd be allowed to have 25 guests at an indoor reception, or 50 at an outdoor reception... we're hoping it improves for the Fall, but who knows! Anyone have any good advice on fielding questions from guests about whether they're "invited" or not?
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahahahaha! You got this Sheena!!
    You’re the same date as me! Yaaaaay 👏🏾 This will all turn out just fine. How many guests are you planning to have?

I guess it depends on how they feel about the situation with Covid or vaccines. Hahaha
  • S
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

STRESSED!

lol, but I am becoming more confident that the things will be okay for October. I still have my fingers crossed. I also feel like this may be the first exciting party in years and that may mean every single person shows up! So not sure whether to expect everyone or still have some not show up...

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yaaaaaayyyy 🎉👏🏾
    So exciting!!!! Happy that the date is at least coming since you had to postpone.

We were so close to having ours on October 8th too and it’s my mum’s birthday. But we were waiting on the venue confirmation, but got October 16th instead.
    Ahhhhh that’s amazing!! Let’s hope that they keep up with that same process of not having anyone who’s vaccinated quarantined. The fact that this is an additional process to think about while having our wedding. 🤦🏽‍♀️
    That’s amazing, I’m so happy that it’s all working out for you and for the better! 😁💕🥂🎉
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Currently 101 days until our wedding that was postponed from October last year!

We're feeling good about it right now with the vaccine rollout in our province, and since most of our guests coming from other provinces are already fully vaccinated they should be able to attend without having to quarantine for two weeks.

Making sure our friends and family from other provinces could attend was a big part of why we postponed in the first place so we're really happy with how restrictions are looking right now.

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yaaaayyy! So happy for you Olivia! 👏🏾💕🎉

Oh wow, that’s great that for months there were no Covid cases. Normal wedding would be amazing to have! Hahaha
    Have a fantastic bridal shower tomorrow!! Make sure you enjoy it all!! Let us know how it went!!!!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes, I can’t wait for there to be less days remaining: hahaha. Even though I still have a lot more to complete. Hahahaha!

So far my venue and catering seems great. Have my dress and fiancé have his suit. The bridal party is almost close to getting everything they need. I think the more I complete the projects, I will get excited.
  • Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    October 23rd and i’m so excited!!! Things are really looking good in Ontario, I’m confident we’ll be able to a pretty normal wedding. Keep in mind I live in small town where we’ve had zero covid cases for months.
    I can’t believe how quick time has flown by, I’m feeling semi anxious like I have a ton to do, when I really don’t lol. I have my first bridal shower tomorrow and I can’t wait!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics