Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexandra
VIP November 2019 British Columbia

No bouquets?

Alexandra, on March 2, 2018 at 09:10 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Hello!

So I’m looking at pictures of someone I know who got married and there’s a picture where she’s walking down the aisle with her dad and the flowers just sit kind of awkwardly. Now I’m not a huge fan of flowers anyway, but I’m wondering has anyone decided not to have a bouquet? I’m really considering going without one.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 9, 2018 at 15:15
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think you need a bouquet if you don't want it and don't see a use for it. Save that money and put it into something else.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahah same!
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't plan to have one. I'm not a huge fan of flowers either, and we already knew we didn't want to do a bouquet toss.

I'm thinking of having fans instead, which would be a nice keepsake and also quite practical on a warm summer day.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can totally skip it! Like Breanne said - my only concern would be if it felt awkward without something to do with my hands while walking down the aisle!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend didn't have a bouquet. Her bridesmaids had a corsage but she didn't have any flowers at all. No one missed it (or if they did, they didn't say anything!). Really, the MOH ends up holding the bouquet most of the ceremony anyway, so if you don't want one I don't think you need one.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly I think if I didn't have flowers it would be my empty hand that would look awkward... the one arm would be intertwined with my dads and the other would just be hanging loosely. If I have flowers in the hand, problem solved.

If you feel more comfortable without flowers than do it Smiley smile

I just know how awkward I would personally feel (and look) with my arm if I didn't have them.

• Surina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Surina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having silk flowers as well. and a very small bouquet. but its your day and you should do what feels right for you. if you still want to throw a bouquet have a small one done and get your moh to carry it for you. then you still have it for photos as well.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was considering not having a bouquet but my friend recommended silk flowers and we are getting great value for our buck, so I still have the bouquet but a fraction of the cost, at the end of the day I just always saw myself throwing the bouquet lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics