Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Curious November 2018 Ontario

Night before the wedding

Sarah, on April 23, 2018 at 22:00 Posted in Before the wedding 0 23

Who are you spending the night before with? Are you planning anything special?

23 Comments

Latest activity by Christine, on April 29, 2018 at 12:48
  • Christine
    Curious September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We won't be staying together the night before me and the girls will be staying at my grandparents house and getting ready there in the morning my FH and the guys will be staying at our house the night then getting ready at the hotel we have booked for all our guest
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are staying together the night before! We’ve been living together for 8 years so I’m used to him being by my side and don’t sleep well without him!
  • H
    Curious August 2018 Quebec
    Hanh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As our ceremony will be at the hotel I booked a suite there the night before as well as the night of the wedding. It just make everything simplier. I will stay there with my sister the night before! Smiley smile my FH will staybag home the night before.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We both were on the same room despite the tradition given. We planned the bonfire the night before down on the beach which the family enjoyed a lot. It was fun and the time to have with them.
  • April
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally agree! I think I"m going to be so excited and nervous and I'll definitely want to just snug right up into him and snuggle all night long the night before. He always makes me feel so safe and at ease.

• April
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At home. Our ceremony and party is at home as well, and its where we are happiest!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most-likely we'll spend the night before in our home together. We live 15 minutes from our ceremony site and reception venue, and we are anything but traditional!

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a suite rented at the hotel for the night before so that the girls can get ready there in the morning and that's where I'll be sleeping alone. It's funny because I didn't really think I needed the tradition of not spending the night before together so I told FH he could stay in the room as well (I mean, who doesn't love hotel rooms!) but he said he would spend the night at our house. Usually I'm the more traditional one but he's surprised me a few times by his reservedness.

A couple of the bridesmaids have offered to have a sleepover but I had to be honest with them that I just wanted a good nights sleep

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My daughter and I will be staying in a suite at the hotel we will be married at. It just makes it easier for the day of and is only 2 blocks away from our place.

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't put much thought into this, I'd actually probably prefer a nice quiet night at home, the next day will be a full day of chaos and socializing. Socializing can be very draining for me, I don't think I would want that the night before the wedding.
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be renting an airbnb near our site for the guys and the ladies will stay at a family friend's place. We will probably take it easy and try to relax before the big day. I know that most of the guys will probably want to golf the day before (we are having our reception at a golf course), and I was thinking that whoever didn't want to do that could go for a hike or to a wine or beer tasting or something like that.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I already know I’m going to have troubles sleeping the night before the wedding, so FH and I are spending the night together, in our home. Just to try and help with how anxious/excited/nervous I know I’m going to be. We have an early morning (4:30 early) because of travel and how early I have to start getting ready, but I just know that there’s just no way I’ll sleep if it isn’t with him, at home.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what I want to do!

Rehearsal dinner maybe?

But for sure was to enjoy time together (but we will not sleep together overnight, no seeing me until walking down the isle)

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are renting an Air B&B for our wedding morning getting ready (Gents get the basement with a foosball table, wet bar and gaming system - ladies get the main floor). I'll probably stay there the night before, possibly with a few of my bridesmaids; my fiancé will likely stay at our home.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The night before the wedding we, my husband and I, had our rehearsal dinner and then we did some last minute things and then we went to bed.

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I are going to spend the day together, finishing last minute errands and relaxing together Smiley smile
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be setting up and doing the rehearsal, maybe the girls not sure if we will be traditional and just stay together. Feel like I’f didn’t sleep in own bed not going to get any sleep. If we don’t then I’ll prop stay at the cabin at reception venue
  • A
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding rehearsal followed by dinner and hang out at our favorite restaurant with wedding party, parents and few close friends. We may stay at a hotel or my parents place, not sure yet
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having the rehearsal dinner the night before and then I will be having my bridesmaids and 4 other friends who are close to me (but live in another province) over and we will hang out. I plan on kicking them out early-ish, even though I doubt I will be getting a lot of sleep!

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    After the rehearsal dinner I’ll be staying with my bridesmaids. Our venue is a camp, so we can stay there overnight. The bridesmaids and I will stay in the staff house and the guys will stay in a cabin.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m spending the night with my bridesmaids and he’s spending the night with his groomsmen. I just plan to relax, maybe watch a movie, paint our toes, maybe throw on a face masque - just a girls night basically lol. I’ll give my girls their gifts then too. Smiley smile
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Since we're having a morning wedding I'll be spending the night before with at least 2 out of 3 of my bridesmaids in an airbnb close to the venue so that we have time to get ready and are already there. It's easier since we have to get up so early.
    We'll probably just have an evening of games and girl stuff and all that
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I will spend the night together. Nothing special planned for the night other than rehearsal/dinner.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics